Make-up || Chapter fourteen

You sighed as you looked to Taehyung, who averted his eyes when they caught yours. His face was pale, and he was standing small; childlike.
"Please." Hoseok suddenly asked.

You sighed, shrugging and averting your eyes. You felt a gaze land back on you again. "...Okay." You agreed, a little apprehensive because you worried about how awkward it would be.

Hoseok practically threw a fist in the air in delight. "Yay! McDonalds?" He asked, and you shrugged. Taehyung didn't move a muscle; It was strange seeing him so silent.

"I was thinking coffee, the food places are really busy." You suggested, and Hoseok smiled, "Fine by me. Taehyung?"

Taehyung shrugged, and you felt a frown fall on your face. Hoseok hit his back enthusiastically, and continued walking alongside you.

Taehyung trailed behind a little while you were walking. You noticed as you turned back his hat was pulled down further so you couldn't really see his eyes. His hands were in his pockets, and there was a little frown on his face.

You felt a nudge at your side, "He's been like this all morning. He asked to meet up with me, but has been sour about it." Hoseok explained quietly, and you frowned.

"Do you know what's wrong with him, Y/N?" He asked, and you sighed.

"No, but he's been acting weird since last week," you started, and Hoseok hummed, "True, he kept falling out with Jungkook, right?"

You nodded, glancing back again to check if Taehyung had darted or not.
"Yeah. Difference now though, is that he isn't talking to me."

Hoseok hummed, "Did he say anything that would make him sad? You're his best friend, I'd be surprised if he didn't tell you." Hoseok said, and you shook your head, thinking about it.

You pursed your lips as you were thinking, and Hoseok remained silent to let you. Taehyung was dragging his feet.

Dodgeball. He and Jungkook were the last ones left - that's normal. They are competitive. Break, after dodgeball...

He was strange then. He was quiet for a while, from what you could remember, but then you walked home and he was fine.

He went round to yours, you watched TV, you played around...

It was then.

Something must have happened then.

You remembered the feeling, the atmosphere in the room when you were playing. You remembered the look in his eyes, and the strange heavy tangling of your gut. The hug, the smiles.

That was when you felt that strange tingle, but did that affect him? Was it because of him?

That's when Jungkook started to get distant. Wednesday, the day after Taehyung came over.

You agreed to go out with Jungkook. You went out with Jungkook on Saturday, you played video games, had breakfast, even hide and seek...

You ignored Taehyung.

Jungkook seemed to be better, but he didn't say what was wrong... he took that picture of you at dinner.

Your phone was on silent, and you missed Tae's texts. He was worried... but...
But, he wasn't worried after he saw Jungkooks photo. You tried talking to him, but he didn't answer. You run into him by coincidence today, and everything is upside down with him - he can't even look at you.

Wait.

Is Taehyung only happy when you're alone with him? When your eyes are only on him, and he is the only one with you?
Or is it that he doesn't like Jungkook, because of something that has happened between them?