Humour || Chapter thirty-five

You leaned into Hoseok's shoulder, huffing a deep breath as you rested against him. He didn't move, his hand still on your shoulder to comfort you.

"I know you don't wanna talk, but if you do, I'm here." He said softly, and you sighed again. You weren't meaning to be rude; you just simply didn't have the energy to respond.

"Hey, Hoseo- Oh."

You didn't shift at the voice, now used to it tormenting you as it drifted through every corridor, giggling along with another, a higher squeal arising every-time he touched her.

"Hmm?" He hummed, tilting his head to look up the empty stairwell to see Jungkook standing behind you. You didn't need to glance at him to realise he was with his girlfriend.

The term still tasted sour.

"What's up Kook? Oh, hey Monica." He waved, and you sat still, your mouth drawing into a thin line as they both approached from your blind spot.

You could pretend you were sleeping.

Or just run.

"Can we talk about dance later?" He said in a very quiet voice, which made you squint your eyes.

Wait.

"Dance?" Hoseok repeated, and Jungkook hummed.

"Yeah, class. Later?"

"Sure, anything you need." Hoseok turned back to you, hand grasping your shoulder a little tighter as he noticed how still you were. You heard thier footsteps retreat back up the stairwell.

"You haven't actually fallen asleep now, have you?"

You shook your head lightly.

"The bells gonna ring soon, so I was just checking." You felt his body lean against yours a little, and wondered what was on his mind.

"Hobi?"

"Mhm?"

"Are you okay?"

"What? Of course I'm fine. I'm always fine, I'm more worried about you." You could feel his smile even ontop of your head.

"Fine doesn't mean okay."

He was still for a moment, before he sighed. "I'm just a little stressed about recitals." He started, "Jimin's not in the right state of mind right now - nobody is - and our performance is in just under two weeks. I don't know how to talk him out of it, he seems... dazed."

You bit your lip as you remembered a few days ago, having not spoken to him since then.

"Your performance is then too. Are you and Jungkook practicing?" He asked, sounding a little worried now. You shrugged lightly.

"Don't think Monica would appreciate it. He's probably gonna cancel."

"What? No, he'd never cancel! He's been looking forward to this for months."

You didn't know what to say.

"Yeah."

"Y/N... you really worry me sometimes." He said, sitting more upright and making the position more uncomfortable now. "So you're just gonna not turn up?"

You shrugged.

"Well, I'll find you a new partner then."

"What? No!" You shot upright. That was an even worse decision.