Understanding her

Avni slowly shifted towards Neil and took his hand, squeezing it so hard that Neil feared it would go numb. He was confused with the sudden behavior. She was still on the call. He can smell the soft fragrance of her, luring his mind towards her. Just then Avni let go of his hand, signs of regret visible on her face, mumbling an apology. "What's wrong?" Asked Neil. "It's.." Avni was about to spit it out but then it hit her. "It's some issue regarding work. Nothing huge." Neil realized how self centered Avni was. But its okay. It's understandable because they just met each other. It would take time.
.....................
Days passed with the preparations of the wedding. While Avni kept herself busy with the case as if its the only area she needs to focus on. Earlier Neil was convinced that they both will work on it together and this way get more closed to each other. But she does not seek his help unless necessary. Neil tried to keep in touch with her, get to know her. Their phone calls every night ends up with a regular hi and what's ups. Meeting up with her was only possible in her residence, as she always excuses herself with her busy work schedule as a reason. Neil was worried about the current phase. He can imagine how hard, a married life would be.

(Pre-cap: The Wedding)