A loss

Avni wasn't around when Neil woke up, he checked on Marshall who was in deep sleep. Neil took a quick shower and walked to the living area. He was startled with the sight. Everyone was sitting in different places, speechless. Ayesha was sobbing in tears, Aileen was beside her. "Mama.. what happened?" Neil hurried to her, caressing on her head. Ayesha held his hand tightly. "Grandpa passed away.." her voice trailed off. "No." Neil muttered. He've met him just once, on the day they arrived to London only. He didn't think it would be the last time. "Avni.. Neil! You have to take care of her! Avni would be shattered. She was the closest grandchild to him.. Avni.. wheres Avni?" Ayesha tensed up, not seeing Avni around. "She went with Nichole, to arrange the transport.." Mayera replied. Just then Avni rushed in. "Samantha is sending her vans over. They'll be here by half an hour. We have to hurry!" Avni instructed everyone, starting up the packing. Neil knew she was trying her best to stay strong, Keeping herself busy.

They reached back Landon in about 4 hours. They unloaded the vehicles and left the babies at a family friend's before heading to the hospital. Everyone surrounded themselves around the hospital bed, weeping and sobbing, as the thought of last goodbye was killing them from inside. Everyone, except Avni. She was with Mr.mehta to complete the formalities. They were finally done and came to the room. Avni's steps froze at the doorway. She held on to the frame tightly. Neil could see her face turning pale, but stayed back, to give her some space. "Avni.." Ayesha whispered her name. Avni slowly walked to the bed. Grandpa was resting so peacefully.. his body in the straightest posture. Avni felt as if he was juust about to open his eyes. Open his arms to her and hug her tightly. Avni slowly broke down. She sat on the stool beside the bed, and rested her head on grandpa's chest, sobbing and crying. Her dad moved close to her and caressed on her back. Everyone in the room was heartbroken with the sight, as they knew Avni would be the one who'd be most affected. She left to the trip when Grandpa was a bit well and discharged to home. But his health worsen last night and was brought in emergency. Avni slowly straightened herself, whispering something to Mr.Mehta. He quickly nodded and Avni left the room. Ayesha shot a glance at him, "Avni went to make arrangements for the funeral, Ansh would be going with her. Let her handle everything, and give her the chance to bid the farewell." He wiped out the tears and explained. Everyone agreed.

Avni was sitting on the bed when Neil walked in. He was dressed in a suit, ready to attend the funeral. Avni was wearing a black knee length dress, perfect for her figure. Covering her legs with matching plain stockings. Her hair was half up, strangles of hair falling onto her face. A black jacket was kept on the bed, Neil knew she was ready for the funeral. The bedroom was dark, without any light, he could barely see her. Neil took silent steps and sat beside her. "I was more close to him than Dad. When I chose my career, he was the first person to support me..." Neil's heart was aching, because of the pain in her voice. "How I wish I had come here early.." she let out a sigh between the sobs and rested her head on his shoulder. Neil moved closer and held her tightly. "Avni, take care of yourself.. death is something we don't have any power over." A knock on the door brought them out of the thoughts. "It's time to leave." Ansh gestured Neil to bring Avni.

Avni's farewell speech broke everyone into tears. The honesty in her love was felt by every heart in the room. They all witnessed the strongest bond, a grandfather and a grandchild could ever hold! Together with Neil, she put her bouquet beside the grave. She closed her eyes and gathered her hands to her chest, making the last prayer for her most beloved. Neil's hand was wrapped around her waist, supporting her in the grave situation.

As Neil expected, it took a few days for Avni to get back into the normal routine. Ruth's wedding got canceled, so he planned to visit somewhere with Avni and Marshall, before they head back to Mumbai. They flew over to Scotland, to the beach outside Glasgow city. Neil chose the destination as he felt Marshall was a bit fed up of the cold weather. They reached the hotel by night. Avni dressed up Marshall for bed while Neil was at shower. She handed the little one to Neil and got into the shower. Neil sat Marshal on the couch and cooed to him, making weird faces and breaking Marshall into fits of laughs! DD called then, clarifying about a case. Neil got up, and answered the call. He was busy with it for a few minutes and then turned around to check on Marshall. He laughed out loud to see Marshall squeezed into the cushions. Neil could sense how exhausted the little bub was, but couldn't help himself from clicking a picture.

Avni came out of shower

Avni came out of shower. "Whats going on? Oh my.." she held a hand to her mouth, keeping herself from laughing. "I cant believe I made this cute little thiiing!" Neil got onto the couch next to Marshall squeezing him into his chest, and kissed all over his face. Marshall laughed as Neil's beard was tickling against his skin. "Who's ready for bed?" Avni Said in a joyful tone. "Us!" Neil threw Marshall into the air. Later both of them was at sides of Marshall in bed. Avni tonight read to him, about guardian angels along with stories of Grandpa. Neil smiled to himself, he was so proud to have a wife like her. So proud. Neil booked a few activities for the following morning. Later he also fell asleep along with Marshal and Avni.