Bliss

The bird that sat on the window frame sang non stop. Avni opened her eyes slowly. The little bird then flew away, joining the flock passing by. She then looked at the figure next to her. Neil was in a deep sleep, his hands wrapped around her waist. Avni recalled the events of last night. She've never expected to be loved by someone so much. Neil was so gentle with her, his every movement expressed how much he loved her. It's then Avni decided to disclose everything to him. He will be hers forever. She can never imagine her life with someone else now. She's deeply in love too.
Neil nuzzled on the back of her neck, waking her out of her thoughts. His face moved down her body, sending tickles all over. Avni couldn't hold back anymore. She turned to face him. Neil smiled, Avni could see how happy he was, his eyes filled with love and passion. "Thank you for last night.." Avni mumbled. Neil replied with a peck on her forehead. "You are mine now. Never even think of going away from me. Cuz I'd never let that happen." He nuzzled on the side of her neck again, which he enjoyed the most now. Avni squeaked in pain, shuddering Neil. "What happened?" "I don't know, there's a sharp pain here.." she placed her one hand on her neck, throwing the blanket off and moving out of the bed. She closely looked into the mirror. Took a while for her to figure it out. Neil was behind her in a glimpse. He gathered her hair to a side, looking on to the bite on her neck. "I'm so sorry.. I didn't realize.. I'm sorry." He was genuinely worried. This is not something he wanted or did intentionally. " Neil it's fine" she nuzzled on the side of his face. He closed his eyes, enjoying the moment. "Oh no. It's 10am. I have a Skype call with a client!" Avni untangled herself from Neil and hurried to the shower. Neil took a deep breath, a smile on a his face. He put on some cloth and hurried to make some breakfast.
......................
They spent a whole week on the island. Enjoying in the ocean, in each other's company. They were sitting at the dining table, on their last night there. Avni had made ravioli beef stew. Neil was enjoying his food while Avni was on a call with her colleague. "No need to bring up another objections. We'll prepare an appeal. Ask Adam to confirm the date of my EU case please?.....13th?! That's the day after tomorrow! How do I fly over there?!...." Neil shot a glance to her. "Okay email me the documents soon and get my tickets booked. The base forms should be ready, under my letterhead yeah?... send me the itinerary tonight... yeah.. bye." Avni let out a sigh, sinking into her seat. "Whats up?" Neil asked. "I have an EU case on the 13th. So I'll have to fly over, the day after tomorrow." Neil's expressions hardened. Avni shifted close to him. "I'm sorry. This wasn't informed to me before.. I have been dealing the case for the past months. This would be the verdict hearing.." Neil gave a smile. "I understand.." he mumbled. But Avni could sense that he wasn't okay. And it was justifiable. They just got married and he have taken leave from work just to give it Time. But this was something even Avni didn't foresee.
After dinner Avni packed their luggage, while Neil was lying down on a sun bed, on the deck. She could see how upset he was. Avni closed the zip of the suit cases and straightened herself. She walked to him and set on the chair facing him. "I know you aren't very happy right now, and I completely understand. I wont go if you ask me not to." Neil straightened his back, sitting in an uncomfortable position now. "Avni I know you want to go. And I know you won't leave, unless it was utterly necessary for you to go. I dont have any complaints. Its just.. I dont know how I'd.. What I'd do without you. I just don't want you to go alone. Your safety is my concern. I want you right here, in front of my eyes all the time." He held her hands and intervened their fingers. "I understand. But don't worry about my security. It's all arranged really well." Neil nodded caressed her face. "Let's get some sleep, we have a flight to catch." Avni got ready and sank into the bed beside Neil, who hugged her close to him, not wanting to let go of her. He'll miss this softness of her skin, the smell of her body, and the warmth of her presence.