A return

"Marshi!" Neil startled Marshall who was sitting on his high chair and enjoying a plum. Marshall was shocked and bursted into tears, crying out loudly. "Neil..?" Avni called out from the laundry. "Yes Yes.! I'm here With Marshall!" He replied. "Aye little one. Stop stop! Stop before Mommy comes..!" Neil hissed. "I'm here." Neil looked at Avni who was glaring at him. "Eeh, you know I cant resist when Marshall's being too cute." Neil made a puppy face and Avni couldn't hold it anymore.

"I'm gonna miss you soo much!" Neil said the following morning, bringing Marshall to their bed. Avni watched them play with each other. She's not gonna see that for a while, since they are leaving to London for two weeks. Neil noticed Avni, lost in thoughts. "Are you okay?" He asked, waving a hand in front of her face. Avni gave a little smile and nodded. "Tsk, you think you can lie to me?" Neil asked, moving closer. Avni sighed. "Two weeks is long.." "I know, love. Wont be easier for me either." Neil replied, kissing on her forehead.
Avni and Marshall left late in the morning. Neil headed to work directly after dropping them. He had rounds of jails pending, hence he went in with DD. Neil checked on the documentations of the jail and then headed to have a look at other procedures. "We have to make a list of the prisoners who are most entitled for parole. I need the list by the end of this week, yeah?" He walked outside the office area, instructing the head of prison. His steps cane to a halt, when he spotted Juhi. "How are you?" He asked, walking to her. Juhi turned around to look. "How did it become your concern?" She shot it back. "I was just once a concern for you. Not anymore." Neil felt as if he have done something really wrong. Maybe Juhi doesn't deserve this. She herself was in such a trauma for five years! It's just the way she tried to trap him. Maybe she realized her mistake.. maybe she now deserves a second chance. "Look Juhi, whatever you did.." "I know whatever I did was wrong! I realize that now. And I'm still trapped in here!" Her voice was filled with frustration and sorrow. Neil's heart skipped a beat. "I'll.. I'll see what I can do.." with that he left. Neil sat in his office for long. Thinking over the matter. It was then he received the parole list. Juhi's name was on the second position. Neil let out a deep sigh.

Neil came home late in the night. He thumped on to the couch, realizing that Avni wasn't around. His mind was still racing with the events of this afternoon. Neil shook his head to shoo away the thoughts. He dialed up Avni. "Hello..?" Her voice was soft, "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize is late midnight there.." Neil quickly apologized as Avni's voice sounded sleepy. "No.. it's okay. I waited for your call." Avni replied. "How's Marshall?" "All good. Was very excited to see Miya and Keira. Stayed up past bed time to play with them." Neil laughed softly. He was glad Avni's mood was a bit lightened up. "I planned to call before he goes to bed, but didn't realize the time difference." Neil said, sinking more into the seat. "A busy day?" "Yeah.. have to finish up the parole formalities before the end of January. And..." his voice trailed off. "And? What's wrong?" Neil ran his fingers on his forehead. I have to share this with Avni. "Juhi is on second position of the Central Jail Parole list." There was a long pause. "Maybe She is changed, and wants to live it up again. She deserves a chance I guess.." Neil sighed again. He knew this is how Avni would respond. "Neil?" Came Avni's voice. "I love you!" Neil mumbled. "What?" She responded. "I love you, you beautiful humble soul.." he said again. "I love you too.. can't come and visit us?" Avni's voice was much content now. "Not possible, love. But I'll see.." they talked for few more minutes, and had t conclude as Marshall woke up.

DD raises from his seat when Neil entered office the following day. "How come so late sir?" "Perks if not having wifey around, DD!" Neil laughed and replied. His mood has lightened up, he feel so content right now as he shared everything with Avni last night. "Send the parole lists to the commissioner DD. I have gone through them and signed." Neil instructed DD. Just then he received a message from Avni. Neil quickly opened the message, his smile widened and his heart outpoured with love, when he viewed the photo of Marshall, with the caption of "Fatsie missing Daddy ♥️" Neil brought the phone close and kissed on the screen softly.

 Neil quickly opened the message, his smile widened and his heart outpoured with love, when he viewed the photo of Marshall, with the caption of "Fatsie missing Daddy ♥️" Neil brought the phone close and kissed on the screen softly

The following were some hectic days for Avni. Aileen's surgery was successful, but she wasn't fit enough to handle the kids, hence Avni had triple troublemakers. Marshall enjoys video calls with Neil. Their bonding was so good, despite being miles away.
"So Juhi is getting parole?" Joseph asked Avni during breakfast. "How did you.." "I heard you talking to Neil. Avi, you know what happened last time. Plus Misti is still under Neil's care. Why does he need to bring in Juhi again?" His question brought a pose to Avni. But she sighed and replied. "Because she has no one else, Dad. Except Neil. Yes I accept the fact that not every person turns into a white sheet after a detention. But it's in our hands to give them a second chance." Joseph knew that Avni was firm on her decision. He also knew that she is agreeing for the sake of Neil alone. He'll just let her take the risk. But he would never let the same story repeat again.

Within just few days the parole procedures were completed. The next question was a challenge for Neil. Where is Juhi going to stay? He knew Avni would not object for her to stay with them. But he doesn't want her to give it up all. He thought a lot about it, and finally came up with a decision..