Beautiful glimpse

Avni woke up to the sound of a light tap on their window. She stretched her body and glanced over, to see a little tiny bird sitting outside the window. Avni's grinned wide as her heart warmed with the sight. She threw off the comforter and jumped off the bed. With a slow stride she took a seat on the window edge. "Hello there!" She opened the door and caressed on the bird softly. It didnt fly away, to her luck, instead responded so well to her cooing.

A few minutes spent on showing kindness to a soul, really inspired Avni to kick start the day positively! She checked on her kids and quickly gathered her workout attires. Grabbing a mat and some dumbbells, Avni started some moves. She havent been able to do any workout since forever. Resulting her menses to be a bit irregular and some sore muscles always, for working for too long. Avni did a few mountain climbs and push-ups. It was just when she started skipping, Sophia peeped out of her door.

"Mommy?" The confusing look on her face made Avni giggle softly. She expected the response, as none of the kids have seen her or Neil being active.
"Yes, baby?" Avni slowed down and warmed down. "Can I try?" Sophia asked walking towards. Avni was a little surprised as she didnt think Sophia will show interest. "Of course. Come, let me teach." Avni taught her the basics, which she picked up really quickly. Except it was a challenge for Sophia to swish and skip simultaneously. They were later joined by Marshall, so the breakfast was a bit delayed. Yet, Avni felt it was a refreshing start.

*ding-dong!*
"Mommy! There's someone at the door". Avni heard Marshall as she came down the stairs. She hurried to the door and peeped through the viewer, before opening. It was a package from the post. She wondered what it could be.
Both the kids gathered around as Avni hurried to open the package.
It was a package from Target, with loads of goodies to the kids. Some clothes and snacks, toys and cooking packages for Avni. She immediately knew that Ayesha must have done this. Gran's love for the kids were never ending. But Avni wondered why she had sent the huge package, since they were coming to India in about three days.

Sophia and Marshall jumped with excitement as they took away the gifts. Avni pointed out the eco-friendly packaging. Trying to make the kids understand the importance of being kind to the mother nature. Neil called in just then.

"Woah! Whats the hype about?" He asked as Avni's face appeared on the screen. "Haha! See it for yourself." Avni changed the camera towards the kids who were so engrossed in unpacking the boxes.
"Daddy! Look what GanGan had sent!" Sophia said, showing up the play dough pack she had received. "Oh wow! How kind of GanGan. Did you thank her yet?" Neil asked, sinking himself into the armchair. So content that he finally got to see his loves, after a long day. Marshall immediately came in with his iPad and called over to London. They had a heartiest conversation with the grandparents while Neil and Avni also virtually took part.

"Hi, you!" Avni finally got the phone to herself to talk to Neil. She sat at the kitchen counter and sipped on some juice. "Hello. Why do you look so flushed?" Neil's voice was all lazy, almost as if he'd pass out any time. Avni smacked a hand to her mouth and laughed softly. "I.. uh.. did some workout this morning. And took in some healthy wealthy food". Neil's eyes widened. "Almost ten years, and I never heard such a routine of you!" Avni laughed out loud and rolled her eyes. "I know. But then I think this was necessary.."
She saw a sheepish grin of Neil and immediately pissed off. "Fine! You become a couch potato, not me!" She hung the phone on the phone holder and got off from the chair. "Oye I was teasing only!" Neil quickly turned to the pacifying mode. It tool a while to change Avni's mood.

"So, how was your day?" Avni asked when she finally got back to her usual mood. "Ah, hectic. Some field work and lots of paperworks today. My back is screaming. I also notice a slight pain towards the back of the neck. A sharp pain, spreads almost all around the shoulder too.." Neil explained, he was concerned himself too.
"What? Since when? You never told me before." All of Avni's attention was on Neil now. "Oh it was only after I returned this time I noticed. Thinking of consulting the station Medical Officer tomo—." "No!" Avni cut him in. "Go to the Hospital first thing in the morning. I dont trust your MO's!" She was all serious again. Neil chucked softly. "Okay meri Maa. Will do as you say." Avni smiled. Their conversation when on for a few minutes, and concluded the call as Avni had to make supper for the kids and her.

Bebe and the Khannas paid a surprise visit for dinner time. Marshall was so overwhelmed to eat all the dishes brought by Shweta. He loves them, and delights over the sweets Bebe prepares.

"Look at this beautiful doll!" Shweta said in excitement as she dressed up Sophia in an Indian traditional attire. Avni grinned wide, as he heart swollen up with love. Sophia was really happy, it was her very first dress. Everyone pampered her with so much love.
"Neil will get so excited about Diwali every year, when he was young." Said Bebe as they lounged at the living room after dinner. Avni was lying down on the couch next to Bebe, her head rested on Bebe's lap. Bebe kept on caressing on Avni's hair softly. Marshall and Sophia rested on the carpet while Shweta and Prakash sat on the adjacent couch.

"Yes! Kareena and him will prepare all the clay lamps and decorate the house themselves. Even oof we bring in workers." Shweta added. "Oh, so can we go to Khanna mansion this time and do the same?" Marshall asked, jumping on his feet. The other broke into laughs. "Of course my boy!" Prakash approved.
Avni was forced to get up from the comforting position as she heard their door bell.

She looked through the peep hole and saw the lady of the nextdoor flat at the other side. She was the kindest human who always passes food and warmth which immediately created a strong bond between the two families. They were Muslims but that created no boundaries.

"Sanah?" Avni opened the door but was surprised to see the expression on her face. "Avni! Zee is away from home. I have received a few unknown calls to my landline.. threatening calls." She was scared and so much concerned.