Compensating

"Avni!" Neil grabbed Avni, as she felt dizzy and was about to fall over. He quickly took her in his arms and sat her on the bed. Avni's face was pale white, as she saw all the blood that drained out. Neil took the shirt of Marshall lying on the bed and tightly wrapped on Avni's arm. She gasped in pain, squeezing her hand on Neil's shoulder. "Lets go to hospital!" Neil said, carefully cupping Avni's face. She shook her head vigorously. "Please... this might get infected if we do the dressing at home." "What was that sound.. AVNI!" Neela gasped as she saw the condition inside the room. "How did this happen?! Oh wait! Lets go to hospital first! Neil.." Neela wasnt in her right mind when she clearly saw Avni's arm. "Yeah.. lets go. Neela Ma, I'll take her. You have to stay at home with Marshall." Neil got up from the bed, helping Avni to her feet. "Yes I will! You both hurry!"

It was late afternoon when Neil and Avni was finally on their way home. Neither of them spoke in the entire time at hospital, unless it was necessary. Neil pulled in to the driveway of their apartment. Avni opened her mouth to remind him that Marshall was at Neela's, but thought it would be best to stay here. She sent a message to Neela, asking her to bring Marshall home.
Avni walked into the apartment behind Neil. "Oh you're home!" Avni saw Juhi smiling ear to ear, as she saw Neil. Her heart ached, she clenched her fists to control the tears that were welling up her eyes. "yeah.." Neil mumbled, grabbing Avni's hand from behind. "Avni.." Juhi sure sounded surprised. "What happened?" "Nothing big, just a little injury.." Avni replied, forcing a smile.Neil didn't wait for another second, he took Avni to their room. "Maybe you should freshen up, I'll prepare lunch." Neil said, picking up Marshall's few toys that were lying on the bed. Avni nodded and headed to the washroom. Neela called when they were eating their food, after about an hour later. She offered to keep Marshall with her for the night, intending to give a good rest to Avni. But Avni tensed up as she heard Neela suggesting the idea to Neil, on the other end of the call. Neil kept an arm on her shoulder, and tried to convince her that it would be alright. Avni had to give up, as she knew neither Neil or Neela would listen to her.

Avni opened her eyes and checked the time. It was 2am, and she have slept for only 20minutes. Her arm was paining so badly, she wasn't able to sleep. Avni turned around and was taken aback! Neil was wide awake, staring directly at her. "Not able to sleep..?" he asked. Avni slowly nodded her head, tears were rolling down her cheeks, as her wound and her heart, ached so badly. Neil did not attempt to calm her, to Avni's surprise. He just sighed and stared at the ceiling, not moving from his posture. There was silence for a long while, and just when Avni thought he would not speak Neil muttered. "Should I be the one to apologise, aways?" the breath Avni was inhaling, stuck in between. She looked carefully to Neil, who really was crying now. "Do you think you really have the right to accuse me of loving someone else?.." Avni shook her head in protest. "Do you not see how much I long for you? How many dreams I have already planned for our future, which I only want to live with you?... You know.. sometimes I do feel that you do not trust me at all.. After being together for all these days.. did you not understand a tinge of me?" Neil's questions were as if it was cutting through Avni's heart with a sharp blade. "No!..No.. I'm sorry. So Sorry..." Avni moved close and hugged Neil tightly! "I'm sorry.. I don't know why I said all those... I don't know what happened to me.. I.. I just said whatever came into my mind,... and I regret every single word.. please forgive me.." She sobbed, not being able to talk anymore. She could hear Neil crying along with her, he draped an arm around her after a while. "Promise me you won't do any such things ever agin... Please.. I can stand anything, but not a hatred from you. I can't live with out you, please understand this, Avni.. I can't.." "I won't, I promise!" Avni said burying her face in his chest. Neil kissed on her hair, and cuddled her closer. He has to be extra careful now. Such incidents have happened too frequently in their life now. First with Juhi, then Naina and then Juhi again. He completely understand the insecurity of Avni, as he suppose the same would happen to him if he saw Avni with another man. But this time, her accusing him to be in love with Juhi, hurt him badly. But he does not want to give it another chance. He will do everything he can, to save up their life.