How it really is

Avni was rushed to hospital, she fell unconscious on the way. Neil's heart was racing by the time she was taken in to the emergency room. Neela reached there shortly, who called up the Khannas. The doctor then came out, gesturing Neil and Neela to follow him. "Something is bothering Avni." She stated once the other two were seated. Neil shot a glance to the doctor. "Am I right, Neil? She is under a lot of stress. No?" Neil nodded. "Kind of." "I hope it's not the pressure of her work, because the least I know, she have been on leave for a while." Doctor Rita continued. "Look Neil, she is not back in her normal health yet. She is not just a young mother, but someone who just came out from the road of death! We cannot take any kind of risk. Her bp was so low, you know. Her hb has dropped beyond the normal level! I'm so afraid that she won't last long if this continues." Neil was in a shock. "No.." he mumbled. "Listen to me Neil, we all have to be careful, before this turns out to be fatal okay? There's a little sprain on her wrist joint, And I have advised a guard to support it. Please, all of you, do take care of her. I'm.. warning. Otherwise we might have to regret." Neil and Neela then came out of the doctor's room. "Whats going on Neil? Be honest!" Neela asked, and Neil was compelled to share everything with her. Neela sighed. "I know I should not hold you wrong all the time. And this time Avni too is feeling insecure. So give her more time perhaps?" Neil nodded. He was guilty now.

Neil helped Avni sit on the bed. "Marshal.." Avni asked. "He's Fine. Mom is with him." "Here is Marshi. Avni, I think you need to feed him, or he won't go to bed. I'll leave then? Will come down with breakfast in morning." With that, Shweta left. Neil helped Avni to nurse the little one. Marshal fell asleep soon, so Neil carried him to the interconnected nursery. Avni then walked into the dinning area. She served dinner for Neil and sat beside him to eat. There was pin drop silence, which made Neil very uncomfortable. "I'll ask Neela Ma to come over? Until you feel better." He suggested. "No.. I don't want her to be dragged into all these, as she might think of Naina in the same perspective as me. Which will not be bearable for you." "What? So you really think she's into me?" Neil rebutted. Avni got up with her plate, but Neil grabbed her hand. "Answer me.." he muttered under his breath. "Yes! And the day you are convinced, I'll still be right beside you. I will not be able to leave, because I'm madly in love with you!" Avni replied in rage. "Oh I love you too! And I have been trying to explain this to you, that I will never belong to anyone." Neil Exclaimed. "Then make some other arrangements for her.. please." Avni begged. "I cant." With that Neil left.
It was 2 in the morning and Neil was not able to sleep. He took Avni's hand and kissed on her fingers. How do I tell you that Naina is an enemy of us? That she's trying to free Vidyut from jail? I am trying my best to catch enough evidence to expose her. And keeping her at home would be the easiest and safest way. I would always be able to keep an eye on her, so that she cannot harm you. I cant tell you about any of this, I don't want to stress you and I cannot lose you...

Neil opened his eyes slowly. Marshal was sound asleep beside him. Neil searched around for Avni. She was in-front of the mirror, getting ready for her hearing, and currently struggling to zip up her off white top. Her suit was neatly kept on the couch, along with her case files. Neil got up from bed and stood right behind Avni. He ran his fingers on her back and zipped her dress. Neil slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and lowered himself to kiss the side of her face, to her neck. Avni's eyes were closed, her face arched to a side, giving more access to Neil. Who kept on exploring her skin, enjoying the fragrance of her body. "Neil, shall I get ready.." Naina opened the door startling Neil and Avni. Neil's face turned red, he was wearing his boxers alone, he rushed to a side of Avni. "I'm sorry." Muttered Naina. "Please knock the door next time if it's unlocked.  And no, I'll be staying at home with Marshal today. DD will come to pick you up." Naina left and Neil let out a sigh. Avni laughed and shook her head. "Whaat?" Neil asked. "Look at you, all red." "All because of you!" Neil grabbed on Avni's waist and crashed his lips on hers. They pulled out for air. Neil caressed on Avni's face. "I love you. And I would never do anything to hurt you, remember that." Avni didn't reply.

(A/N: a short chapter for now. Let me know if you wanna elaborate on Naina's conspiracy. Or else I can skip that and kick her out directly)