Preparations

Neil's face was straight, no traces of any emotions visible. "Okay, sorry. I just suggested." Avni gave a little smile and got up from her seat. "Avni!" Neil caught her hand as she turned to walk to the sink. "I love you!" He kissed on her fingers and slowly pulled her closer, making her sit on his lap. "You know you are the best thing thathappened to me.." Neil mumbled, as he rcupped her face. Avni smiled and Neil kissed on her forehead, lingering his lips on her skin.

"Marshall.." Avni groaned as she woke up when Marshall kicked right on her face with his chubby little feet. Neil bursted into laughs, and hugged the two of them tightly. "He have been up since 5." Neil said, picking up Marshall and placing the little one on his chest. "Why didnt you wake me up?!" Avni exclaimed, totally in shock. "You spent the whole day yesterday in packing, So I thought I'll let you sleep in." Neil replied and captured her lips, kissing her deeply. Avni responded equally. Neil was too busy making love to Avni, that he didn't realize Marshall moving out of his arms and crawled out of the bed. Both of them jumped apart, as Marshall grabbed on a pen holder on the cabinet and pulled it down, scattering all the items on the floor. "Marshi!" Avni jumped out of bed in a heartbeat. She hurried and picked up Marshall in her arms. "W..when did he even left from my arms..?" Neil said, still in shock. Avni rolled her eyes and laughed. "When Daddy is busy elsewhere, how would he notice?" Avni walked out of the bedroom, to the kitchen, Neil followed her. "Is he hurt?" Avni shook her head, "I dont think so." Neil let out a sigh and headed to the refrigerator. "I was thinking, lets go out for breakfast?" He said to Avni, taking a bottle of water. Marshall jumped up and down in Avni's arms, he loves to have cold water. "Nah, this ain't for you.. so?" Neil asked Avni again, as she didnt respond earlier. "Ugh, you think traveling with a baby is easy? I havent packed half of Marshall's stuff yet." Avni complained. She was packing up all their stuff to move to the Khanna house. She was also packing for a two weeks trip, Neil was taking her and Marshall to Phoenicia-NewYork, to spend some family time before moving houses. "Fine. I'm going out with Marshall, for a father-son breakfast!" He said, picking up Marshall from his highchair. Avni laughed at his pout. "You're gonna dress him up?" She teased. "Of course! You're underestimating me. Wait and watch." With that, he left. Avni glanced around, she had left the living room and kitchen spotless last night. Neil had arranged some workman to remove the furnishing and other things once they leave to NewYork. Avni glanced at the bedroom door as she heard Neil. He was dressed in a black short and a navy blue T-shirt. Marshall was put on a matching blue T-shirt and a white short. Avni was sure Neil had to put in a lot of effort to put on the blue shoes of Marshall, as he has grown out of the size a bit. Avni pursed her lips, npticing that both of the have worn a cap and shades. "Is it that sunny out there?" She asked moving closer. "We look cool, dont we?" The swag in Neil's voice bursted Avni into a hearty laugh. "Very." She put a hand on the side of Neil's face and gave him a quick peck. "Do you want anything?" He whispered to her mouth. "Anything you find nice." Avni replied and then nuzzled on Marshall's face, handing over the little one's bag to Neil. "I've put in a bib. Pleease make him wear it while you feed him, I cant go through the trouble of removing the stain.." Neil could really see her concern now, "I will make sure no food trouble happens this time." He kissed on Avni's cheek and left with Marshall.
Neil could feel so many eyes on him and Marshall, as he came out of his parked the car, outside the restaurant. Marshall was securely places in a baby carrier, he was nibbling on his pacifier. The girl gang at the corner of the room squeaked with joy, with the sight of the hot father and cutest little one on his lap. Their eyes never dropped from the duo, as if they were still willing to be a step mom to the little one. Neil laughed out softly, as he saw them whispering to each other, but his soul is all Avni's, and hers alone. No one can ever replace her place in his life, and nor can replace the immense love his heart hold for her. Neil shook the thought away and made Marshall wear the bib. Both of em started eating, as their dishes arrived.