Already Home | Peter Parker (TH)

prompt 29 requested by @AddEmotionAndStir (wattpad isn't allowing me to tag you properly, i'm sorry!)

any of y'all preorder the Funko Spider-Man Homecoming boxes? i preordered mine a month ago and it came today! now here's my complete collection of spidey stuff (clothes, miles morales book & a stack of 5 comics excluded)

(p.s. my instagram is @ riahtouille for those of you that don't know!)

//

The familiar sound of thwip! followed by the pat of feet against pavement made you turn and smile. The masked Spider-Man stood at the end of the alley, walking towards you slowly, face unreadable behind the mask.

"Hey, you," you said, shoving your hands in the pockets of your leather jacket. Sadly, your superhero suit hadn't been funded by billionaire Tony Stark, so you wore layers of warm clothes to protect yourself from the cold and from getting hurt.

"Hey," he said, voice low and a little shy.

You smiled; you and Spider-Man weren't exactly dating, but you weren't just best friends, either. You were somehow both and neither - working together, often holding hands, often voicing love for one another aloud. And that was perfect for you.

"Slow night," you commented.

"Yeah, my spidey senses haven't tingled even once," he said. "I guess I shouldn't complain, since that means we have time to hang out."

"Oh yes, because freezing outside all night is my idea for a perfect hang out!"

He threw his head back. "Oh my gosh, you drama queen! It's not even that cold. Barely thirty six, no big deal." He laughed and grabbed your hand. "Come on, I have pizza up on the roof of Delmar's."

Up on the roof of Peter's beloved corner store, legs dangling, shoulders touching, masks rolled up over your noses to eat, you felt completely at home. Because that was what Peter was for your hero - a home.

"There's only one piece left," you commented.

"You want it?" he asked.

"Yes," you said, snatching it. "You've had two more than me already."

"True, but-" He grabbed your wrist and swooped down to take a bite off the crust. You gasped, horror filling you as the cheese slid off the sauce and splattered on the sidewalk below.

"Peter!" you screamed, staring at the splatter of cheese and pepperoni on horror. "My pizza!"

He was choking on laughter, crust hanging out of his mouth. You sighed and dropped the piece of sauce covered crust in the box and wiped your hands.