Chance encounter?

Luke's Pov

I stared in disbelief at the woman standing with the group of people that Mr. Smith had informed us earlier would possibly be purchasing the company. She was gorgeous, a beautiful woman with skin the color or coffee with cream, her long jet black hair was pulled back into a ponytail showing off her silver hooped earrings. Her full lips were colored purple which complimented the black button-up and pants suit she was sporting. Her dark eyes gazed into mine menacingly and I could feel the sweat starting to form on my face. I was normally a cool collected person but there was something about that glare...

Then, it really hit me. She was the exact same woman id met at Davids club last night. The one id spilled my drink on...

She continued to stare at me with that meaning glare in her eye and I had no doubt that she remembered me and was still enraged at the encounter. I attempted an awkward smile and wave but it had no effect making me think she might just possibly be pure evil. After a few minutes, I looked away hoping I could just forget I saw her, however, the group would be there all day.

I rubbed my temples trying not to think about t too much. Besides, it was an accident and I did kind of apologize. I tried to distract myself by doing what I was being paid for, organizing papers. After a few minutes, the group and Mr. Smith had vanished and relief washed over me.

"You got an ex-girlfriend over there or something?" Ahmed, another organizer who sat next to me, leaned over with an amused grin on his face.

"What would give you that impression?"

"I can see the sweat on your forehead from here and I doubt it's being caused by organizing papers." he motioned to my overflowing stacks with a chuckle.

"Good point." I wiped my forehead letting out a sigh. "Fortunately for me, there's no ex of mine in that group."

"A one night stand?"

I laughed. "Nah." 

"Ohh, I get it, typical male intimidation. That was a mostly female group and I'm assuming they are all corporate. I'd be afraid too. Female bosses are ruthless."

"Ah, no. Not quite it."

He raised his brow, shaking his head.

"I spilled a drink on one of them last night at a club."

"Ooh. I guess that makes sense. Don't worry man, I'm pretty sure she's forgotten all about it."

"That's what I'm hoping."

We both turned back to our work moving the conversation to politics which he'd seem to be very passionate about.

"...I've always thought that the electoral college is just an outdated system, I mean, do our votes actually matter?"

"That's really something I've never considered to be completely honest. Not much of a voter anyways."

"Oh no my friend, voting is where it's at. It's wilder than a drunken Superbowl party on black Friday."

"What?" I broke out in laughter. " Dude, the Superbowl is in February."

"Deadass?"

"Dude!"

"I'm just bullshitting with you."

I just continued to laugh.

"Hey look." he motioned towards the door. "Looks like the group is leaving."

"Oh thank god. I've been holding my piss for hours now."

"Dude, go."

I struggled to stand up, stretching my legs from under that tiny desk. I  was relieved to be moving around. After my bathroom break, I grabbed a cup of water and began to head back to my desk when I crashed into someone.

"What. In. The. Actual. Hell!"

It was her again. I had bumped into her again.

"Are you blind? Or just stupid?"

"Oh my god," I mumbled under my breath.

"Or sorry would be nice?"

"I'm really sorry..again."

As she looked up, I saw the instant recognition in her eyes. 

"It's you!"

I smiled awkwardly. "Yes.."

"The martini guy. Do you have a habit of bumping into people with drinks in your hand?"

"Only beautiful women." I flashed a smile hoping it would cool her off.

"Wow." she laughed sarcastically. "Real cute. Real cute indeed."

"Look, I'm really sorry."

"What is your name?"

"Lucas."

"Well, Lucas, it would do you well to watch where the hell you're going."

I nodded.

"K'aori," one of the women who was with her in the group earlier, poked her head around the corner. "We have a schedule you know." she tapped her watch.

"Right. Coming."

So her name's K'aori huh...

Taking one final glare at me, she disappeared around the corner again. I didn't know why but, my heart was pounding in my chest as if id just run a marathon.

"No mom, I have food.." I was pacing around my apartment actually attempting to unpack something other than what I had out already.

"Make sure you at least reward yourself for getting a good job."

"Mom I already told you that it may just be temporary. A company might buy ours out."

"That's what I hate about those big companies! I swear."

"Okay okay, I have to go."

"Okay, Lukie! I love you and miss you very much."

"I love you too, mom. bye."

I hung up with a sigh. She worried way too much about me.

For the rest of the night, id just planned to unpack as much as I could, and relax since tomorrow would be a big day if the bigger company purchased it, however, those plans were foiled by David, who insisted that we go out for dinner.

"Where at?"

"It's a place I know. Its gonna be a group thing so, bring that blonde you took home the other night."

"Claire? I don't know man, she might be busy." I groaned.

"Luke, stop being so boring. You wanna be a writer right? You live a little."

"Living is not for the poor and struggling." I laughed.

"Just come." he sighed, "please."

"Yeah fine. I'm gonna go broke hanging with you."

"Meet us in front of the La Plush at 8."

"Us?"

"Youll see."