Thirty Three - New

(A/N- i'm such a mess with this book. so lexi and devin bought this apartment, I guess its more like just a house, but its prefurnished bc I realized it's like late afternoon/evening when they got there and it wouldn't make sense for them to go buy furniture now and set it up etc. so it has the basics like a bed, couch in the living room, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, oven/stove etc in the kitchen. lex and dev will probably go buy their own furniture tho. sorry I'm so confusing!! haha)

Lexi's POV

"Do we wanna order pizza?" Devin asked Tayler and I, as we stood on the balcony, overlooking the city in the glowing evening sun. 

"Sure." I agreed, taking my attention away from the view as I followed Devin inside. 

"I'm gonna take my stuff to the spare room." Tayler said to me, as Devin typed something on his phone. 

"Okay. What kind of pizza do you like?" I asked him. 

"Anything but pineapple." He said, starting to walk away.

"Hey that's the best kind!" I laughed.

"Ew no it's not!" He yelled laughing, walking upstairs. 

"I found a place about twenty minutes from here, they don't do delivery so we'd have to go pick it up. Sound okay babe?" He asked, looking up from his phone, his hazel eyes focused on me.

"Yeah." I smiled. 

"Okay how about we get... a large pepperoni, a large supreme and... a medium pineapple pizza?" He winked.

"Yes!!" I said excitedly. He laughed, typing in a phone number and pressing the round green circle.

"Hi, I'd like to place an order for pickup."

"A large pepperoni, a large supreme, and a medium pineapple."

"Devin."

"Alright, thanks."

He hung up.

"He said they'll be ready in twenty minutes so...let's go get our pizza." He smirked, pulling his car keys out of his pocket and swinging the lanyard back and forth. I nodded.

"I'll go tell Tayler we're going and will be back." I said, slipping my feet into my Birkenstocks and quickly walking up to the top of the modern-looking stairs. I knocked on the spare bedroom door. 

"Yeah?" Tayler answered the door.

"Devin and I are going to pickup the pizzas, we'll be back in about forty minutes, unless you wanna come." I stated.

"Nah it's fine, I was gonna shower and then call some of the guys." He answered.

"Okay." I said, leaving him be and walking back downstairs, making sure my phone was in my pocket, and going outside, locking the door behind me. I got into the passenger's seat of Devin's car. 

"I wanna play a song for you, that reminds me of us." I said, after we'd been driving for roughly five or ten minutes with just small talk.

"Okay, here." He handed me the end of the aux cord, as I carefully inserted it into my iPhone. I went onto Spotify and went to my playlist labeled 'absolute favorites' and went to the singer I've been obsessed with for the past month or two- Blackbear.

"Have you listened to any Blackbear songs?" I hesitated pressing the play button, asking Devin the question. 

"No." He shook his head. 

"Okay..." I smiled, biting my lip, "I'll get you obsessed then..." and with that I pressed play on weak when ur around, from the album Dead, because it's the acoustic version and I like it better. The familiar guitar music started playing and I set my phone in my lap, watching Devin's reaction and taking in the lyrics. I turned the volume up and sang along.

"Just because we're two little people in this big ole world
I can make a living, baby
You could be my girl
I won't sell drugs no more
I'll move you out the city
I'm taking you with me, I'm taking you with me
Cause if I ain't got you then I got nobody at all..." 

I giggled when Devin started to dance along to the song, causing him to crack a smile too. He took my hand, bringing it to his lips, planting a delicate kiss to it, and intertwining our fingers.

"So what did you think?" I asked, when the song, sadly, ended.

"Well... I think you're right when you say you'll get me obsessed with him because I loved that." He answered. 

"Good." I replied, looking through the rest of the songs in that playlist, my eyes landing on Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. 

"You have to know this song..." I said as the song started.

"Who doesn't?" He questioned.

"Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh..."

We loudly sang along to the chorus, and after a few more songs, we pulled up to a pizza place with a large, neon slice of pizza in front of the building. 

"Do you wanna go in with me?" He asked. 

"No." I simply answered, managing to keep a straight face.

"I hate you." He said, getting out of the car.

"I love you too!" I quickly said, before the door closed. 

I could see him through the windows, standing at the counter, until he was handed three flat boxes. I opened snapchat and as he came out of the restaurant and walked to the car, took a picture of him. I saved the picture and locked my phone, going to Spotify and getting ready to pick the next songs. The door opened and Devin placed the stack of pizzas in the backseat. 

"Thanks baby." I said, kissing his cheek once he was in his seat. 

"Of course love." He whispered.

"Ready for carpool karaoke part two?" I smirked.

~At Home~

Devin, Tayler, Sam and I ate dinner awhile ago, and decided that we would definitely getting pizza from that place again. Devin and I were cuddled on the couch, watching a cooking show on Food Network. I went on snapchat.

"Dev..." I whispered, catching his attention. 

"Hm?" He hummed, as I faced the camera toward us and he kissed my temple, causing me to smile.

"We're cute." He answered when he saw the picture. 

"Mhm..." I agreed, captioning the photo to put on my story:

how did I get so damn lucky... i love you

---A/N---

MERRY XMAS I HOPE THIS WAS A GOOD PRESENT BUT I KNOW IT WAS REALLY CRAPPY SORRY

LOVE YA

LEX