CHAPTER 14

Heeyoung was sketching her first comic on the computer. After the college's result came out, her father bought her a computer that he had promised to give. She also met a comic company and was asked to send her full sketch to see if its good enough to publish on the webtoon. Having a company to handle the process is good to avoid any copyrights claim and it just made it easier for the creator themselves.

As she was focusing, she heard a knock from the outside of her room. "Heeyoung-ah, there's a parcel for you." She stopped her drawing and opened the door to see her mom was holding a big box.

"Who is it from?" She took the box, doesn't heavy compared to the box size and put it on the bed. She read the handwriting on the box and widened her eyes. "Russia? Bla bla bla .. Cha Eunwoo." She turned to look at her mom who just smiled and closed the door, left her alone with the box.

She tucked her hair and sat crossed-leg on the bed. She felt a bit guilty when she got pissed at him and decided not to call or accept his call. But she just hated the fact that he left without saying anything, even not a goodbye to her. To conclude, it was just too complicated to say. She took a deep breath and opened the box with a scissor.

"Wah. Why did he give too many things?" She let her mouth opened and took out one by one from the box. There's a Russian traditional clothes with her favorite color, an album with a lot of his pictures and places that he went, a lot of Russian snacks and a few souvenirs from there along with a envelope. She put all the things back into the box and opened the envelope, there's a letter in it.

To: Jang Heeyoung.

How are you? I know you're still angry with me, you deserved to hate me its okay. I hope you're doing well there. I don't think I can protect you much there because we are too far. But you should know how much I miss you and how much I really hope I can protect you. The reason why I didn't say anything to you was because I don't want to say goodbye as if I will not come back, I don't want to call your name at that time because I felt sad, its hurt to leave someone that have been together with you for too long. I miss how we laughed every single time, how we used to call each other, how we joked around and bullied each other, but I can't promise you that anymore. I know you are in a special relationship with hyung, so cherish every moments with him and be happy until you get to walk along the aisle. I don't know if you're waiting me to come back, but if you did, thank you so much for not forgetting me. I'll try my best to come back and you should know that I've never ever forget my best friend. Please take care and just call me whenever you want. Chase your dream and don't forget to tell me if you have become a comic artist that you wished for.

"Pabo (What a fool.)" She wiped her tears and put the letter aside. She searched for her phone and looked at his number. After taking a deep breath, she press the call button.

"Hello.."

"Yah, Cha Eunwoo." She bit her lips after she heard his voice. Didn't expect that she missed him so much that she can't hold her tears after he spoke.

"You already got the box I guess huh?" He smiled and noticed that she held her tears so he let it be. "Do you..miss me?" He braved himself to ask.

"You think I'm arrogant enough to forget you? I miss you so much" She sobbed and stared at the box. "Why are you giving me so many things? Are you okay there?" She opened the album and smiled at the pictures of him at variety of places.

"Too much works. I can't even understand a single thing, the workers struggled to teach me" She knew that he was joking around as he's fast in catching things up, even the hardest task is simple for him. "Since I think you might just stay in your room and draw, I guess I want to make you get fat, so eat the snacks okay, they're really good"

"Yah, I have to take care of my appearance" She smiled and lied down at the bed. "How do you know I have a special relationship with sunbae?" He stopped his work and landed his head at the chair.

"Man knows other men so well." She chuckled at his statement. "Its fool enough not to notice that he's into you. I told him not to waste the chance I gave him hahaha" He joked around and stopped laughing "So..do you tell him that you want to meet his family?" He's curious with her answer, if she said that he said nothing then its really weird to not talk about his family in front of his own girlfriend.

"Yeah I did.."

"Then?"

"He asked me back if I really want to meet them, I nodded but until now he didn't tell me if his parents agreed to meet me or anything. I guess I need to wait. I don't want to pressure him."

"Yeah suit yourself, but if you're really curious about him, just ask. He knows almost everything about you, why can't he do the same?"

"I know..but I don't want to look bad as we are just having this kind of relationship. But to be honest I was wondering what kind of work that he does..more than I want to know his family"

"Why? He's with the camera all the time, isn't it obvious?"

"Yeah but why do I feel like he doesn't actually work or you know like he showed up with different career but actually he did something else. I never heard he was busy with photo shooting or any schedules, instead he's always there when I need him to pick me up and stuff." She let a sigh. "I want to ask him so bad but I don't know. I feel like I will hurt his feeling for not believing him. But I'm just curious that's all."

Eunwoo listened to her and nodded. Its not only him and Yejin that wondered a lot about Hongbin. Even Heeyoung herself eager to ask him, its obvious that he kept something from everyone.

"Its okay, maybe he needs more time to tell you. Just let him be, as long as he makes you happy its good. At least I don't have to be worried. Anyway how's your comic? Is it going well?"

"Yeah I think so, I hope he can believe me and tell me everything about him. My comic? So far so good, I met a company and they told me to send them a sketching and if its good enough to publish, I will sign a contract with them. The due is next week tho."

"I hope I can be there and root for you. You know it feels weird to only get the news from you through phone as I always know it first before anyone else. All the best and how about you give me a copy of your comic? At least I can read it here and give my opinion about it."

"You think I'm glad you're not here? I was deathly scared when I had to go to the company alone because usually we'll go anywhere together. But its okay, I'm fine and now that you're rooting for me, it feels so good. Okay I'll send you the comic by email after I finished everything up." She walked towards the window and felt the cold air brushed her. "Don't work too hard Eunwoo-yah, its not like your father is watching you, he's here, laughing and drinking his drink happily while you're struggling there."

"Did you spy my father? He's not here but he has so many eyes and I still have to do my works." She sighed and he smiled. How he wished he can see her and ruffled her soft hair like he always did.

"Do you think I want to spy your father? No way sir, I was standing at my balcony and saw your father at the outside of the house. I know he's your father but I don't really like how he's so into money and forces you to take over him at such a young age, I know you want to be something else so bad, why can't he let you be what you wanted to be first?"

Eunwoo chuckled at her and somehow agreed. He knew his father was so strict and rarely stayed at home , he never get whatever he wanted except when his mother convinced his father that he's a good boy and deserved to choose whatever he wanted when he was a kid. When he grew up, he can already felt the burden as his father kept pushing him to take over his place. No matter how much he wanted to go against his father, nothing works.

"If this can make him happy and be less strict with me, I'll just follow him, yah, I have to go now, the meeting will start in 10 minutes. don't forget to take care okay and call me when something's up. Bye!" She nodded and ended the call. She noticed that her world started to change slowly, but she will never knew that there will be a big change before she achieved her dream.

-----------------------