CHAPTER 40

Heeyoung stood in front of the experiment room. "It just in a matter of time". She heard Hongbin's calling out everyone as soon as he woke up. Hongbin went down the basement and was shocked to find Heeyoung stood there, without doing anything.

"Did she find out?" He carefully walked behind her.

A few hours before.

Heeyoung can't sleep. She knew this is the time where she have to let go of everything. She looked at her phone that was ringing all night long. Cha Eunwoo called her, so she bet that he has read the letter in the thumb drive. She lazily lifted her body and sat while holding her phone.

"Heeyoung-ah. Tell me it's not. Please HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO this- Heeyoung-ah.." Eunwoo begged her to deny everything that she typed in the letter. Heeyoung held her tears, not able to speak a word.

"You have to do this. Imagine how long we have to suffer if you let Lee Hongbin go? We are already dead. We are. Thank You Cha Eunwoo. Thank you.." She ended the call and removed the case before she removed the phone's battery.

"Jang Heeyoung" Hongbin called her and she didn't flinched or startled like she used to. What's wrong with her? She turned around and smiled at him. He frowned "What are you doing here? Where are the oth-"

"Open this door." She cut him off but still smiling. He sighed and tried to pull her but she didn't move an inch. "I need to see what kind of treatment that you gave me- that I'm able to see again." She started to smirk. But deep inside her, she's afraid. If they're able to come back in time and catch him or can she make him surrender and a lot more.

"Heeyoung-ah." He gave up and smiled. What's the point of hiding it from her? She will know it sooner or later. "Come" He put his thumb on the entry access and let her entered. He calmly switched on the lights and computers before he started to press the keyboard non stop and without looking at it, he observed the computers and smiled.

Heeyoung looked at her right, where the big containers were arranged and there's smokes coming out from two of the containers. She walked closer before she suddenly grunted and her phone fell to the corner of the room. "AHH!" She closed her eyes and screamed in pain. She felt hot around her eyeballs that she had to kneel and crunched down while still closing her eyes.

"I assumed you didn't forget that I'm the only that can handle and control all of you right?" Hongbin pushed a certain button and she lied down immediately after the pain was gone. He knew their plan. He fucking knew it. "Gosh Jang Heeyoung. I told you not to question anything. I planned the best story life for you, for them, for me, FOR US!" He held his tears as he sincerely loves her but he felt betrayed.

"You- ruined- everything.. since the time you turned- your parents.. into cyborgs." She forced herself to fight him and tried to open her eyes. "It can never work out Lee Hongbin." He scoffed and shook his head while looking at the hopeless Heeyoung on the floor, a few meters away from him.

"I plan to turn myself to be like all of you. Together, we can fear nothing. We live together, stand up together and face the life together. No fear, no death, no hate but- but- you underestimated me. What do you think I've been doing all these years? Sacrificing my parents for fun? Watching you work in the cafe for years?"

Heeyoung forced herself to sit and landed at the wall. She faced him and let out a deep sigh. "It's over. You can surrender yourself. You can shut us down and let us go. You don't know the feel of living but not really living."

He shook his head. "Look who's in there" He walked towards the containers and push a button to stand the containers so Heeyoung can see the inside of it through the transparent glass. She widened her eyes -its his parents, unconscious. "They are sleeping. Very soundly." She stared at the screen below the containers.