Three Sluts, an Emo, and a Theater Nerd

September 6

"I feel like I haven't seen you guys in ages!" Stella exclaimed as she embraced her best friend, Jillian DeVitto. Alana Moore stood close by with her arms folded. They stood a few feet away from the front steps of the school, which some students were entering.

"It's been a month and a half." Alana spoke up as Stella released Jill.

"Yeah but we haven't all been together in over a month and a half." Stella stated as she embraced Alana.

"Where are the others?" Alana asked as Stella let go after a few moments.

"Not a clue." Jill replied.

"Just look for a big crowd and you're guaranteed to find Matt. Hayden will most likely be standing a few feet outside that crowd, waiting for Matt." Alana grinned.

"And Ethan is probably boasting about another record he beat." Jill rolled her eyes.

"For the record, I'd see you guys before I saw the rest of the team." The three girls cocked their heads to see their shaggy haired friend with piercing green eyes approaching them. He wore dark jeans and his varsity hockey jacket.

"Well isn't it Mister Varsity?" Jill smirked.

"Wow, Matt, I don't think I've ever seen you without Hayden." Alana added.

"I barely recognized you, Lanz." Matt looked at the much shorter girl with smokey gray hair that reached her shoulders. Her hair had been recently dyed. She wore black jeans, black vans, a navy blue and white pin stripped shirt, and a red and navy blue flannel.

"Needed a change." She replied.

"Anyone seen Ethan? I really need to talk to him." Matt asked.

"We haven't seen him." Stella added. The bell rang, indicating the start of the day.

"Anyone else have US history with Mr. McLaughlin first period?" Jill asked as they began walking up the front steps.

"I do." Matt spoke up.

"I have physics." Stella added.

"Crap I have French." Alana said.

"Same table at lunch." Stella said as the four friends entered the school.

"Cya." Alana bid her friends goodbye as she headed up a flight of stairs close to the front doors.

"We have so much catching up to do at lunch." Stella smiled before walking into her class.

"So how have you been the past two weeks, hockey star?" Jill asked, glancing at Matt.

"Great. This was a weird summer. We didn't all hang out everyday like last summer." Matt stated.

"I know. I think Hayden, you and me are the only ones who hung out after the last time the whole group got together back in June." Jill responded. Alana had gone to Maine at the end of June and stayed there until Labor Day. Stella had attended a volleyball clinic and participated in a music program. Hayden was at theater camp for a month. Ethan had been attending national races around the country all summer. Jill and Matt were the only ones who did not leave town for more than two weeks. Jill went on vacation with her family for two weeks to upstate New York. Matt went to his grandparents house in Florida for a week.

"Is Alana emo now?" Matt asked. Jill laughed.

"I don't know. Maybe. Wouldn't be surprising." Jill said.

"Should we be worried?" Matt asked.

"No." Jill said. The two friends walked into a classroom and noticed a familiar dark haired girl sitting in the front.