Ruined

October 26

Matt jacked on the breaks as he and Jill saw Stella walking through the street, away from Chris' house. She appeared to be crying and didn't seem to notice her friends. Matt knew Chris was dead for whatever he did.

"Stella!" Jill shouted as she threw open her door. Matt opened his door and they both jumped out and ran over to Stella, who just kept walking.

"Stella what happened?" Matt asked.

"Chris." She turned and began walking towards Jill's car. They followed her.

Did he..." They all knew what Jill was asking. Stella shook her head.

"What happened?" Matt asked.

"He-he tried to force himself onto me...but his father walked in...h-he stopped Chris..." Stella was shaking.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Jill worried.

"H-he shot his dad." Stella stated. She was numb from witnessing it and from saying it. Her statement sent a chill down Jill's spine.

"Is he dead?" Matt asked.

"I ran when his father came in. I heard the gun go off when I left the room." Stella said.

"Let's go to the police station." Jill stated.

"I'm just gonna go make sure none of Chris' siblings are hurt. They're all young." Matt said. Jill nodded as he began walking. He couldn't let Chris hurt his siblings, or anyone else. Stella was too afraid to move. She may have cost a man his life to save her own. How could she live with herself now?

———

Ethan didn't look back as he sprinted down his street. He panted as he gradually slowed to a stop and looked at his phone.

Ethan Doe,

Well done. Keep the uniform. You'll need it again. Don't worry. She didn't see you. You're on your own for your alibi. Check in with Bells.

J. DOE

Of course JD left him on his own for his alibi. He was studying for a Trig test. He was supposed to be studying for a trig test. He walked up his front steps and walked inside. He got another text, but it wasn't JD. It was Matt.

Matt:

Jill, Stella, and I are at the police station. URGENT.

Ethan wondered why they were there. Could they have found out Ethan was working for JD and they were turning him in? No, Alana would already be there.

Alana:

Can't. Too busy recovering from an anxiety attack brought on by Bitch.

Matt:
Sorry to hear that but Stella is being questioned for a homicide.

Ethan's body shuddered. A homicide. It couldn't be Hayden, right?

———

"Why are they questioning her? She was sexually assaulted and they're treating her like the murderer!" Ash paced back and forth in front of Matt. Jill was talking to her parents.

"They need to know exactly what happened." Matt said.

"Matt!" Matt turned to see his mother rushing towards him. Trailing behind her were his father and siblings. He stood up and his mother embraced him. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." Matt said as he released her. He wasn't really fine, he walked into the Erickson house and saw a dead body.

"How's Stella?" Mrs. Bellisario looked at Ash and then back at Matt.

"She's got a few bruises, but no other injuries. She's not okay though." Matt said. Why would she be okay?

"Have you been questioned yet?" Mr. Bellisario asked.