Nothing.

October 27

Alana looked up at the trees as she walked. She remembered reading something in a book about the scattered light that filters through when sunlight shines through trees. She always thought that was a beautiful sight. She couldn't remember the word for it though. She squinted her eyes as she walked. It was a peaceful sight. She sighed as she looked straight ahead, not wanting to trip. Then it hit her. Komorebi! That was the word. Komorebi was a stunning sight. She didn't remember what book she read it in, but she probably got it from Hayden. Alana frowned. She missed Hayden so fucking badly. Alana felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she sighed. Either her parents or Ethan. She pulled her phone out and froze. Not her parents, or Ethan. Blocked.

Hey Lanzi,

Enjoying your stroll through the woods, dreaming of happy times? I bet your boo is dreaming of you. Cute top, it's so tumblr with that pineapple.

j. doe

They were watching Alana and wanted her to know that. How was JD everywhere and nowhere? Alana looked around and then began sprinting forward.

"No. No. No!" She yelled as she ran. Why her? Why was JD following her? What were they going to get out of it? Alana stopped running as she thought. She looked at her phone and texted JD.

Alana:

What can I do to get you to stop stalking me?

–––

Stella drove her fist into the punching bag in her basement as she thought about the text once again. JD was getting to her, even though they hadn't texted her in a very long time.

Slutty Stella,

I can't believe you cost a man his life because you didn't want to lose Morrisville by sleeping with Chris. We both know you love Chris. His father would still be alive if you just slept with him. Shame on you.

J. DOE

Stella didn't love or even like Chris. She wasn't even thinking about Kane when she talked to Chris. JD was just trying to push her buttons, and they accomplished that. She drove her fist into the punching bag again and groaned in agony as her bare knuckles hit the hard bag. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. She looked at her split knuckles and groaned again. Then she thought about the text and drove her fist into the bag again. She screamed in agony and shook out her hand. There was no doubt in her mind that she probably broke a knuckle. But she cost a man his life. She deserved much worse than a broken knuckle. She drove her fist into the punching bag over and over again until it went numb.

"Stella!" Ash shouted as she ran down the stairs. Stella didn't stop punching until Ash grabbed her around her by her shoulders and pulled her off. Stella began to cry as she clutched her hand.

"Fuck!" Stella screamed in agony.

"Stella calm down. What's wrong?" Ash asked.

"A man is dead and it's all my fault!" Stella screamed.

———

Everyone had a lot on their minds. The Stella Thing and The Alana Thing. Jill didn't wanna worry about any of it, so she had to do the one thing that could take her mind off of it; going to a party and getting drunk or high. Or both. Jill had never been to a party alone, but there was a first for everything. She stood against the wall as she watched a group of people playing beer pong. In her hand was a red Solo cup filled with a dark liquid.

"Jill, your turn!" One guy shouted. Jill downed the liquid in one sip and walked over to the table. The guy was placing new cups of alcohol onto the table.