One Month

October 22

They say the longer someone is missing, the more likely they won't be found. One month she was gone. One freakin month. One month was all it took for Matt to fall apart. He stopped taking care of himself and had given up on his relationship with Stella. He slacked off in hockey, and because of that, he lost play time, and finally gave in to Colin's suggestion. A few of his teammates, including Colin, used bath salts to be more aggressive, and Matt gave in and starting using them. Even when he wasn't playing hockey he used bath salts. Matt coughed as he finished snorting a line of bath salts. He inhaled the bath salts and grinned as he wiped his nose. He looked at his finger, only to see blood.

"Fuck." He sighed. It was common for him to get nosebleeds from snorting bath salts.

"Wimp." Colin said as he snorted a line. Matt closed his eyes for a moment.

"We're gonna show coach that Bells still has it." Andy slurred.

"Yeah!" Both Jack and Nick cheered.

"Yeah." Matt said lazily, before collapsing to the ground.

———

Twenty two days and not a single text from JD for anyone. Alana still felt she was being watched, but had not heard from JD since her date. But now Ethan had one, and his friends weren't allowed to know.

Detective Ethan,

Hayden's been gone for a month and I'm sure you have more questions. Your friends have been keeping secrets. Start with Slutty Stella.

J. DOE

What questions was Stella going to answer about Hayden? Sure, Stella was a slut, but what secret did she have? Was she seeing someone else? She and Matt weren't together, but was she dating someone in secret again? That wouldn't be surprising, seeing she dated Matt for a few weeks without anyone knowing. Maybe she was.

———

Stella's head was pounding the moment her eyes opened. The first thing she saw was Kane sliding on his boxers as he walked towards the kitchen. Stella pulled the blanket over her chest and pressed the palm of her hand against her forehead. Kane looked over his shoulder at her.

"I told you that you would have a killer hangover if you kept drinking." Kane stated.

"You didn't stop me from drinking." Stella croaked.

"That's because you insisted you'd be fine with two beers and six shots. You also pushed me when I took the vodka away." Kane said.

"I don't get good drinks at high school parties. I wanted to have some real fun." Stella muttered. Kane had taken her to a college party the night before.

"Okay, they're not that fun." Kane replied as he grabbed a tea kettle.

"Better than high school parties." Stella said.

"Green or peppermint tea?" Kane asked.

"Coffee." Stella stated.

"Tea is a better cure for a hangover." Kane replied.

"Green." Stella sighed. He turned on the faucet and began to fill up the tea kettle.

"Your parents know you're here?" Kane asked as he put the kettle on the stove.

"Fuck no. My parents are pretty laid back, but not that laid back. They'd never let me hang out with you now." Stella said.

"Why not? I'm only five years older than you." Kane replied.