Cherry Red Lipstick

September 12

"Is he even allowed to do that?" Stella asked as she slid her black sweater over her head.

"Give you detention? Stell you skipped class." Hayden said as she slid on her leggings.

"But seriously? I play volleyball why do I have to participate in gym?" Stella asked as she closed her gym locker.

"Because playing flag football is important." Jill rolled her eyes as she slid her silver stud earrings into ears

"It's stupid." Stella stated, swinging her book bag over her shoulder.

"Sorry." Jill said as she swung her backpack over her shoulder. The bell rang as Hayden grabbed her backpack and the three girls began to exit the locker room.

"Have fun in detention." Hayden grinned.

"Yeah, right. Either of you wanna join me?" Stella asked.

"I'm gonna try to keep a clean record after last year." Jill replied.

"I'll keep my record clean." Hayden added. Stella groaned.

"If Chris Erickson asks for my number I'm giving him one of yours." Stella added.

"Go ahead I blocked his number years ago." Jill laughed.

"Bye." Hayden said.

"Cya." Stella sighed as she began walking in the opposite direction of her friends.

"She can't complain if she's the reason why she gets detention." Hayden stated.

"I know." Jill replied.

"Maybe Matt will be in there with her." Hayden added.

"I don't think he'll be stupid enough to get detention this early in the year, especially with pre-season going on." Jill said.

"That's true. She's screwed." Both girls laughed as they walked into the cafeteria. They could see Ethan and Alana sitting at the table, but no Matt in sight.

"Maybe he is in detention." Jill said.

"Maybe." Hayden agreed.

---

"Can't believe I did this for you." Stella grinned.

"It was worth it, come on." He smiled as he pushed her against the wall of the empty classroom.

"Lying to them? Really?" Stella replied, biting her lip as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"Oh get over it. You look hot today." He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips.

"We're in school." She replied.

"Don't worry about it. Just relax." He traced his lips down to her neck and kissed her softly.

"I love you." Stella replied.

"I love you too." He whispered into her ear.

---

Alana rested her head on the table as her friends babbled about a Physics test and ate their lunches. Ethan gently nudged her shoulder. She looked up at him sleepily.

"Didn't sleep last night, did you?" Ethan asked.

"How could I? I was up all night cramming for for a French test that was cancelled because Mrs. Lyndis was out sick." Alana lied. She had been talking to Nolan, the boy she almost hooked up with at the party.

"That sucks." Jill stated.

"At least you're ready for it now." Hayden added.

"I'm still gonna fail." Alana replied.