The Search Continues

September 23

The friends had joined Bryan on his search for Hayden, but after four long hours, they had given up. Bryan and Ethan went together, Alana and Matt went together, and reluctantly, Stella and Jill went together. Alana, Matt, Stella, and Jill sat on Hayden's front porch with Hayden's mother, waiting for Bryan and Ethan. Hayden's parents wanted to look, but her father had to leave for a business trip and their mother was waiting for Bryan and Ethan. If they did not find Hayden, her mother was going to the police station. Bryan drove his blue Jeep Grand Cherokee into the driveway and climbed out. Ethan got out of the passenger side. Matt stood up.

"Where is she?" Matt asked. He was beyond worried; he was terrified and angry.

"We couldn't find her." Bryan said.

"Let's go, Bryan." Hayden's mother walked off the porch and walked to the car. Bryan followed her and the two got in and Bryan pulled out of the driveway.

"This really, really fucking sucks." Ethan said. He didn't know how to feel. He was more annoyed than scared. He thought Hayden was fucking with them.

"No shit, sherlock." Matt snapped.

"She's not missing, we just don't know where she is—"

"That's the same as fucking missing!" Matt snapped at Alana before she could finish speaking. He held his head as he paced in front of the house.

"Matt—"

"Don't tell me to fucking relax! I don't wanna hear it! Hayden is fucking missing! It could been your fault so don't say anything to me!" Matt shouted at Stella. He really didn't wanna hear anything anyone had to say. It was just going to be bullcrap and them telling him not to worry or to calm down.

"MATT! What the actual fuck man!" Ethan shouted.

"Hayden is going to be fine!" Alana stated.

"You don't fucking know that! If they weren't involved, it was JD." Matt said, looking at Jill and Stella. The two already felt guilty that they argued with Hayden the last time they saw her, and now Matt was accusing them of having something to do with her disappearance.

"You're actually fucking insane if you think either of them is capable of something like this, especially since you were with Stella last night. And where was Jill? Oh yeah, she can barely walk, remember? She's on crutches and her wrist is fractured too!" Ethan snapped.

"Am I really the insane one here?" Matt pulled out his phone, unlocked it, and opened a video sent to him. JD clearly had a knack for deepening the tears in their friendships. He handed it to Ethan, who pressed play. It was a video of him slapping Erin. It looked like the camera was hidden behind books on Erin's bookshelf. Alana looked over Ethan's shoulder.

"Ethan is that—"

"It's real." Ethan sighed, cutting off Alana before she could ask if it was real. Stella and Jill walked over and looked.

"Oh my god!" Jill gasped in horror as Ethan furiously hit his sister.

"What the actual fuck, E?" Stella asked. He handed Matt his phone back.

"There's something I need to talk to you guys about but it has to wait until Hayden gets back. I told this to Erin and she promised to keep it a secret, but JD found out. Somehow there's cameras in my house and I guess that's how Cunt knew, but I blamed Erin for telling someone. God I'm such a fucking idiot!" Ethan sighed.

"JD somehow found about my family's history with drug abuse and texted me after I used painkillers." Jill blurted out.

"Great. JD has a hidden camera show now." Alana said in a patronizing voice.