Who Could it Be?

September 13

Stella sat at her desk as she applied her mascara carefully. She wouldn't dare to leave home without a full face. She set down the mascara brush and picked up her signature lipstick; a shade of cherry red. She puckered her lips and applied it as there was a soft knock on her door.

"Come in!" She called out, standing up. She turned to see her sister Ashley walk in. The two could pass off as twins. Ashley was only two years older than her and they had similar looks. Same hair and eye color and the same full lips.

"Need a ride?" Ashley said. She attended high school with Stella, but preferred going in later than Stella, who liked to get to school a half hour before it began.

"No thanks. Jill is picking me up." Stella replied.

"Are you gonna stay for coffee at least?" Ashley asked.

"I shouldn't. Coffee makes me jittery before eight in the morning." Stella said as she grabbed her book bag.

"I won't be home when you get back from volleyball practice." Ash said. Stella looked up at her.

"Why not?" Stella asked.

"I got the job at the pizza place. I start today." Ash smiled.

"Congrats! Have fun." Stella replied.

"Thanks. We get discounted pizza now." Ash said.

"Fuck yeah!" Stella said. She loved pizza more than any other food.

"I'll cya." Ash said.

"Bye." Stella said as Ash stepped out of the room,Stella slid on her boots before walking out of the room and running downstairs. She walked out the front door and shut it behind her. She began walking down the sidewalk towards Jill's house. Jill was driving Stella until she got her license on her birthday, December 22. It was convenient since Jill was only three houses down from Stella. Jill had given Ethan a ride a few times, since he lived one street over, but he likes to walk most of the time. He would only ask for rides if it was raining or too cold. Jill would also give Stella rides home after volleyball practice. Volleyball is what brought the girls closer together in middle school. They met in fourth grade when they both participated in a REC volleyball team. It was them two and another friend until sixth grade. The others did not join their small group until later on. Stella walked up the front steps of Jill's house and knocked on the door. Moments later, the door opened and instead of Jill standing there, it was Jill's older sister, Lucille.

"Jill's still getting ready. You can wait inside." Lucille stepped aside and Stella walked in. Lucille shut the door and returned to the kitchen. Unlike Ash and Stella's similar looks, Lucille and Jill looked nothing alike. Lucille had curly dark brown hair and brown eyes. She was short and stocky and had a crooked nose. Jill on the other hand had straight blonde hair and blue eyes with a green ring around her pupils. She was tall and athletic and her nose was straight. Her little brother had similar looks to Lucille and their mother. People would assume Jill was adopted, unless she was with her father, who she got her looks from. Stella did not have to wait long before Jill bounced down the stairs. She wore leggings, white adidas, and an orange Syracuse crew neck.

"Hey." Jill said as she grabbed her backpack and swung it over her shoulder.

"Hey." Stella said. Jill fished through a pocket in her bag and pulled out her keys.

"Bye!" Jill called out to her sister.

"Drive safe!" Lucille replied. Jill rolled her eyes, swung open the front door, and stepped into the cool outdoors. Stella followed behind and shut the door behind her.