The First Threats

September 8

The four girls laughed as they were getting dressed for the party. Stella was wearing an army green tank top, black jeans, and black heels. Her hair was tied into a neat ponytail. Jill was wearing a cranberry red sweater, ripped jeans, and white adidas with her long blonde hair loose. Alana was wearing a bit more casual outfit; a white The 1975 tank top, a denim jacket, black leggings, and black high top vans with her hair in a half-up ponytail. Hayden was wearing a navy blue skirt with white turtledoves on it, a simple white blouse and white converse and her hair was in french braids.

"Remember, no rambling when talking to guys and no talking to anyone who is friends with Wesley." Stella instructed as she applied mascara to her eyelashes.

"And don't sleep with a guy if you think you'll regret it." Jill added as she fixed her eyeliner.

"Don't have to tell me twice." Hayden muttered under her breath.

"Everyone ready to go?" Stella asked.

"Yep." Alana replied, grabbing her phone.

"So how are we getting there?" Hayden asked.

"Ethan is driving. He's not gonna drink." Jill replied.

"And they're here." Stella looked at her phone to see a message from Ethan that read 'here' and a message from a blocked number. The message read 'See you soon, xoxo', which confused her, but she brushed it off. All the girls walked out of Jill's bedroom and down the stairs. Jill's dad was in the living room but stayed quiet as the girls walked out the side door and headed over to Ethan's car. The four girls climbed into the backseat of Ethan's Subaru Impreza.

"Nobody get wasted to the point where you're vomiting a ton. You can pass out but if you puke in my car I'm leaving you at the side of the road." Ethan said as he backed out of the driveway.

"Will do, Kanye." Stella said.

"If any of us are passed out just leave us." Matt said. Alana pulled out her phone to text her mother and noticed a blocked message. It read 'See you soon, sweetie pie. xoxo." She thought it was just some dumb joke, so she deleted it.

———

The group had been separated for an hour, but Hayden and Alana chose to stay together since it was their first party. Ethan on the other hand had already put himself with a crowd of girls from Melbourne.

"There goes Matt." Hayden nodded to Matt entering a room with a brunette.

"Oh boy." Alana sighed.

"Hey cutie." The girls turned to see a tall blond standing over them with a red Solo cup in his hand. Alana fell for those charming blue eyes instantly.

"Who, me?" Alana asked.

"Yes you," He grinned. "can I get you something to drink?"

"Oh, sure." Alana replied. He nodded towards a drink table and he begin to walk to it. Alana looked at Hayden who nodded, and Alana followed after him.

"I'm Nolan." He introduced himself as he poured a beer into a cup.

"I'm Alana." She smiled, taking the cup from him.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

"Maplewood. You?" Alana took a sip of the liquid, which burned her throat as she swallowed, causing her to cringe.

"Haverford. First time drinking?" He laughed at Alana's reaction.

"Yeah," she replied sheepishly. "what brings you up to Maplewood?"