JD has a Different Name...

September 18

"Matt! Oh my god!" Alana covered her mouth as she saw Matt's heavily bandaged hand. He stood up from the waiting room chair.

"It hurts like a bitch." Matt said.

"Are the others coming?" Alana asked.

"I only called you." Matt said.

"Why?" Alana asked.

"Stella hates me, Hayden wouldn't pick up, and Ethan has a family dinner so he won't pick up. Jill is here, so..." Matt said. As he spoke, his eyes trailed to the door, where Stella rushed in. Alana turned.

"Stella." Alana said. Stella looked over.

"Hi." She stopped walking. Alana grabbed Matt's arm and held it up. Her eyes widened. "Oh my god. What happened? Are you okay?" Stella rushed over.

"JD uncovered my skates and stuck them in my bag. I wasn't paying attention and kinda stabbed myself. Seventeen stitches." Matt said.

"Holy shit." Alana said. Stella fumbled through her sweatpants pocket and pulled out a bottle of painkillers. She held it out so both Alana and Matt could read the note.

"They're Jill's. Found them in my bag at practice." Stella said.

"Hold up, you both got fucked with at like, the same time? JD fucked with me earlier. Broke the coffee machine and caused a small fire. Everyone thought it was because the machine was old but I got a text." Alana said.

"Insane bitch." Matt said.

"There's no way JD could've went into the gym and put the pills in my bag without being seen." Stella said.

"And no way they would've been seen in the locker room." Matt said.

"So you guys think they did this beforehand?" Alana asked. Matt nodded.

"Yep." Stella said.

"Jesus fucking christ." Alana sighed.

———

Hayden had finally given up on her research, something she would never dare to do. Logan was no help, which made her realize she couldn't figure out who JD was. She deleted the last file off of her laptop before shutting it. She picked up her phone and saw a text from Alana.

Alana:
Hospital. Now. URGENT.

That first word was all it took for Hayden to bolt out the door and down the stairs. She dashed out the front door and noticed Matt's car was not in the driveway. He was probably running late from hockey, or went straight to the hospital. Hayden sighed and walked inside.

"Bryan I need you to drive me to the hospital!" Hayden called out.

"Drive yourself!" Bryan shouted from his bedroom.

"I still have a permit!" Hayden replied.

"I'm busy!" Bryan replied. Hayden sighed and grabbed the car keys off the hook by the door. She walked out the door and jogged to the car. She climbed in, started the car, and pulled out of the driveway, almost hitting the mailbox in the process. She may have had her permit, but that didn't mean she was a good driver.

———

"I am so fucking done with this bitch." Stella stated.

"I've been done since the first text." Matt replied.

"I'm ready to go to the cops." Jill said.

"Jill!" Alana said.

"Oh come on. Look where I am. Look what happened to me. Look what happened to you, to Stella, and to Matt." Jill snapped.