Another One

December 22
Jill

Stella was classified as a missing person. Two of my best friends were missing persons, three months apart. Did that mean Alana was next? Or Matt? Or Ethan? Or me? No, that wasn't possible. She was kidnapped. The police determined that. A witness said she saw Stella bolting down the street and heard someone call her name, but she didn't know where it came from. That meant someone called her name and scared her into running to her car. They followed her and snatched her. The same person that took Hayden; J. Doe. The police didn't connect the two cases, but Alana, Matt, Ethan, and I did. We couldn't imagine how scared she must be, if she was still alive. She had to be alive. She couldn't be dead. Neither could Hayden.

"Coffee?" Alana asked as she walked to Matt with a coffee pot in hand. He glanced at his empty cup and shook his head. I took one last sip of mine and held it out to Alana. She took it, refilled it, and handed it back to me.

"Thanks." I said as she sat down.

"Is there anything I can get you guys?" Mrs. Pacheco said as she walked into the living room.

"We're fine." Ethan said. She nodded and returned to the kitchen. Ethan was sitting forward on the couch with his hands cupped over his mouth. All of us were too anxious to eat.

"They aren't gonna interview us again, right?" Alana asked. Stella would know the answer. She would say something like, 'my dad said they might interview us in a week or so.'

"I don't know." I stated. They took statements from us this time, but they questioned Kane. He was a mystery boy that showed up to Stella's house, asking where his girlfriend was. My phone began ringing on the coffee table. Ash. I snatched it and accepted the call.

"Any news?" I asked as I put the phone on speaker.

"They just pinned her phone. It was found on the ground where the witness saw her start running from, with her wallet. They tried to pull fingerprints off of it, but they only got Stella's prints." Ash explained.

"Alright. Call again if there's anything else." Ethan replied.

"I will. Bye." Alana sighed as Ash hung up. I glanced at Matt, who was sitting at the end of the couch, staring at the floor.

"Hey, they're gonna find them." I comforted as I saw the sorrowful look in his eyes.

"Stop." That was all he said. He didn't try to say that she was okay or she wasn't missing, because he was broken now. The two girls he cared about more than anything or anyone else were missing.

––––––

Stella

I remember when I was a child, I would get scared over the smallest things. A thunderstorm, a tree branch scraping against my bedroom window during a windy night, or a spider on my bathroom ceiling. None of that compared to the amount of fear I was in now. I was kidnapped and had no clue where I was or where I was going. There was a blindfold over my eyes that I couldn't shake off because it was too tight to move. My wrists were bound together with duct tape, as were my legs. My arms were also tied to my body. I was in a car, I knew that. There was also duct tape over my mouth. I couldn't stop crying either. I had no clue how long I was out for either. JD had to have taken me. I continued to thrash around and call out for help, though my shouts were muffled by the duct tape. It felt like the car was slowing down, and then it stopped. A car door opened and shut. Then the door by my feet opened. I felt two warm hands on my legs that dragged me out. I grunted as I was dropping onto the gravel ground. I felt the hands ripping the tape off of my legs, which didn't hurt since they generously put the tape over my jeans.