Bells & Stells

September 15

"What makes you think it's Wesley?" Matt asked.

"His lack of forgiveness after Jill cheated on him, the fact that he slut shamed her and made her feel like a piece of shit because of it, us having pushed him out of the friend group after the messy breakup, him kissing me, and then you and Ethan shutting him out completely after you guys found out he kissed me." Hayden explained.

"So he had a motive to run me over with his car. Doesn't mean he's this John Doe." Jill replied.

"Are you defending him?" Hayden asked.

"No I'm just refusing to believe Wesley Rivers is capable of something like this. We don't know what they know so we can't really accuse anyone of doing this." Jill said.

"So what are you saying? We do nothing until one of us gets killed? Then we work to figure out who it is?" Hayden asked with a tone.

"Jesus Christ you're so morbid! Nobody is gonna die!" Matt said.

"Are you sure? I almost did!" Jill snapped.

"Holy shit will you both come to your senses? J. Doe is not  going to kill any of us!" Matt shouted. Hayden sighed.

"Can we get you anything?" Hayden asked.

"I'm fine." Jill said.

"Where's your family?" Matt asked.

"My parents stopped by before my dad had to go to work and my mom just left to go to a job interview about a half hour before Wesley came in. Lucille's in class, she said she'd stop by when she picks up Mitchell." Jill explained.

"The others would've came but Stella and Ethan are at practice and Alana is working on a painting she's intent on finishing before Monday." Hayden said.

"It's alright." Jill replied. She didn't really care that they didn't come, she just wanted to rest.

———

"Maybe we should just go stop by." Stella said as Matt climbed onto the bed beside her.

"Stop worrying about her. She's fine." Matt said, pulling Stella into his side.

"But she's all alone. What if—"

"Stella you're really killing the mood here. She is fine. Hayden and I saw her and she said Lucille was going to stop by. Her parents are probably with her as we speak." Matt cut her off before she could ramble on and convince him to visit Jill.

"Fine." She sighed. Matt wrapped his arm around her and pecked her on the head.

"I hate hiding this from the others." Matt said.

"Okay well do you want them to stare at us every time we sit next to us? I'd make things way too awkward for us." Stella sighed.

"You hate it too, don't you? Hiding us from them?" Matt asked.

"Yeah. Maybe we should tell Hayden." Stella looked at him. He sighed.

"To be completely honest, I already told her and I almost told Ethan." Matt said.

"What? When? Why?" Stella sat up and looked at him.

"A couple of days ago after I got a text from J. Doe she got into my car and I told her we were together. Ethan and I had talked about our messages so he asked who it was and I was going to tell him but Jill showed up so I didn't." Matt explained. Stella sighed.

"How'd Hayden react?" Stella asked.

"Good. She seemed happy for us." Matt said.

"I'm glad." She smiled. Matt smiled back at her. That charming smile that could light up an entire room and those stunning emeralds he had for eyes were as soft as doves.