Black Eyes {9}

Chapter Nine

Year: 2011

Miracle day. I'm finally mortal and I don't even want to die, after all the years I have spent healing and dying and coming back again, I don't want to die, not at all. But only because I know that there is something I need to do.

I'm in California, I have been following Jack, Ianto and Gwen. Richard is with me, I wouldn't let him out of my sight, not during something like this, where he would surely kill himself. I know it sounds selfish, but I don't want that to happen. He has told me that he wouldn't, but I'm not sure any more.

I walk into the flat that belongs to Jack and his little gang. Everything stops, even the computers beeping and making noises, doing whatever they were doing, as the door creaks open. They all turn to stare at us. I strut into the room, looking at everyone. One raises his gun. Rex.

"Uhhh.... hi?" I say, waving my hand a little. I turn to Jack, who is staring at me with a blank expression, then to Ianto, who has a look of recognition on his face.

"What are you doing here Charlie?" Jack asks.

"I want to help, seeing as I already know everything that is going on" I answer, it is a bit of a lie. I can see different things, parallel realities, I get them a lot. But I still know what will happen.

"Who is she Jack?" A girl asks, Esther. I smirk, seeing pictures in my head again. She has a sister, who wants to make her and her two daughters volunteered catagory ones. She keeps letting people track her down, using her phone and other things.

I can feel the thing pushing around inside my head as it struggles for control. I think it wants to mouth off to this silly girl. I hear a groan of pain and realise that it is Richard, obviously the thing is trying to get in control of him too.

"Oh my god, her eyes!" I hear Esther scream "Is she okay?"

I turn to him, vaguely hearing Jack explain to the others who I was. I walk over to Richard and wrap my arms around him.

"Control it Richard" I whisper, trying to sooth him. He straightens up again and smiles at me, kissing me lightly. I smile back and turned around to hear Jack finish talking.

"... She saved Ianto" Is the only thing I hear. I smile at the memory.

"So can we help?" I ask. Jack nods his head.

"Fine"

                                                                                           * * *

I'm in Buenos Aires, with Ianto, Rex and Esther. I'm explaining something to them and they are being very dumb, asking questions that I have answered a million times already.

"Look, that truck will blow up when we get on it" I say. Very soon, in a few days or so, they are meant to get on a truck with the suitcase of Jacks blood, but it blows up. They were meant to put it into Rex, but I am giving them a choice. "The suitcase will be lost, we won't have gotten into the truck at that point in time, so we need to put the blood in another person"

"Why can't you do it?" Rex asks and I sigh.

"Because you need the same persons blood on each side of the blessing" I answer, I can't actually belive I am telling them all this, but they need to know.

"What happens to whoever does it?" This time, the person who speaks is Esther.

"You become mortal, like Jack"

"Why can't we put the blood into you, you're immortal like us" Rex says, it is a good question, I haven't told them I am like Jack.

"Because I am mortal. The procedure will most likely kill me" I answer. They all seem so shocked, I find it hard to stifle a laugh, but succeed anyway.

We stand in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes before I decide to talk again.

"So, who's going to do it?" I ask. There is no hesitation from the person who answers, not even a second of thought.

"Me, I'll do it" Ianto Jones says. It's the first thing he has said the whole time I've explained everything. I knew this would happen, it was one of the realities I saw, btu didn't actually think it would happen.

"Are you sure" He just nods, doesn't even make a verbal response, just a vague nod.

                                                                                        * * *

It's Esther's funeral. No one else died except for her. Ianto went through with the procedure and is now immortal, he just doesn't quite know it. Richard and I are going to talk to him about everything after this.

I hear the loud bang of a gun being fired and quickly realise that the funeral is over and that we are walking down the hall. I twitch my hand. The little silver bullet only inches away from Rex's chest. I hear another gun shot, but don't bother to stop it, I know that it is Charlotte, the double agent that blew up the CIA headquaters, being shot. I drop the bullet to the floor.

I watch as Jack walks over to me.

"You should join Torchwood, you and Richard" He says. I think for a minute, but see more pictures in my head.

"No, not yet, in a few more years"

A.N: It will get better, just bare with me.