Black Eyes {16}

Chapter Sixteen

Year: 2149

Where are you?

With Jack hunting weevels.

Richard had been out for a few hours now and I was getting restless. It was always easier to talk to each other in our heads when we were far away, if it was important, we would convey the message to the other two.

Speaking of those two, they are getting married in a week. Richard is best man, and I, because Ianto didn't want to be called a woman, am the best woman. Ianto thought that if I was called the bridesmaid, he would be called a woman. It made sense... I think.

I'm bored.

We'll be back soon.

How soon is soon?

We are in the SUV now, about ten minutes away.

Alright.

Jack says that he wants coffee.

Of course he wants coffee. I get Ianto to make some.

Jack says 'Good'.

I looked around, where was Ianto?

Ianto! Coffee!

Well, maybe I should have actually yelled that out loud, it would have made more sense. I have the feeling I just said that to Richard, he was probably going to tease me now, he has all the other times I have done it.

Instead of teasing, I hear a piercing sream and the sound of porcelin smashing on the ground. Ianto!

I get up from my seat on the couch and run over to kitchen, where I was sure Ianto was. He wasn't there. I looked around, growing even more anxious by the second. Where was Ianto? The tourist shop thingy? I whiz through the cog door and up to the tourist shop part of the building, but Ianto wasn't there either.

It was then that Jack and Richard decided that they would like to come running through the door with huge grins on their faces, which dropped immediately when they saw the look on their face.

"Charlie? What happened? What's wrong?" Richard asked, coming over and placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Ianto" I said, watching as Jack's eyes widened. "I was sitting on the couch, talking to Richard, as you probably already know. And I asked for coffee, but you know, telepathically, didn't you hear me Richard, I said it to you, who else could I say it to if I was talking telepathically" I was rambling, but I didn't care.

"Charlie, I didn't hear anything" This made me stop talking, if I hadn't said it to Richard, who had I said it to? "What happened after that?"

"I heard a scream and I'm sure it was Ianto. I tried looking for him, in the kitchen, all over the hub, in here, but I can't find him"

"Did you try the archives?" Jack asked, his voice laced with worry. I shook my head and Jack raced off towards the lift. Richard and I hurried to catch up to him, only just making it into the lift before the doors closed.

We ran through the cog door and down into the archives, checking between every shelf. He wasn't there.

"Ianto! Ianto!" Jack yelled, looking around frantically. There was a groan from the opposite end of the archives, a dimly lit, unused part. Ianto must have been putting files back in that area. We rushed over to the place where we heard the groan.

Ianto was there, lying on the ground in a ball, his hands over his ears, groaning. Jack rushed over and pulled an unconscious Ianto into his arms.

"Ianto! Wake up!" He said, turning to me. "Read him, what's wrong?!" I nodded and felt my eyes turn black as I stared at Ianto.

I gasped.

Charlie?

It was me, I did it.

What?

I did, I made Ianto unconscious.

How? What did you do?  I could hear the surpise in Richard's voice as he spoke.

Read him. Richard's eyes turned black, it was always weird seeing it, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Charlie! Oh my God!

I didn't mean to, you know how real it sounds. I got confused. It's not the first time I've done it.

No, but it is the first time that you have done it to someone that wasn't me and now look what you have done.

I didn't mean to Richard!

God, you are stupid Charlie! What the hell were you thinking, you idiot! I looked at Richard in shock, his eyes were black and immediately I knew that it was the creature, not him. I glanced down at Jack for a second, he was looking between us with a look of worry and fear.

"Richard! Fight it!" I yelled. Fight it! The black went and Richard held his head. Today is going horribly wrong.

"Alright, now that that's over, can someone please tell me what is wrong with Ianto!" Jack cried.

"I don't know yet" I lied. "Try to wake him up" Jack grabbed Ianto by the shoulders and shook him, failing at waking him up.

"Is he even breathing?" Richard asked. No one had thought of that. I placed my hand over Ianto mouth and nodded. I could feel his breath on my hand.

Suddenly he spluttered and opened his eyes, coughing. I jumped and quickly pulled my hand back. Ianto looked terrified, his hands clutching his head.

"Ianto! Are you okay?" Jack asked.

"No" Ianto groaned. "My head is killing me"

"What happened?" Richard asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"I was down here putting files away when I heard a voice in my head, it said 'Ianto! Coffee!' and then my head began to pound and it hurt so much. I don't remember anything after that" Ianto explained.

"Did you recognise the voice Ianto?" Jack asked. "Who's was it?" Oh God, why did you have to ask that Jack?

"Charlie" Ianto said "It was Charlie's voice"

___________

A.N: Hello! I decided I would like to cut the chapter off here and continue writing it as another part.