Black Eyes {21}

Chapter Twenty One

Year: 2596

I scream and scream and scream, my eyes growing blacker and blacker every second. Jack and Ianto rush over quickly, trying their hardest to calm me down.

Something happened after I... Killed Richard. While I was crying, the creature that was in Richard's head flew into mine. It's more powerful now, and my God does it hurt.

I continue to scream, the pain in my head is excruciating. I fling Ianto and Jack backwards and into the wall.

CHARLIE!

I can hear them screaming at me in my mind as I begin to fling things around the room. I need to fight it. It's only been a week, I can't lose control now, I just can't. I push for control. It's so painful, so painful.

I let out one final scream and everything goes back to normal, the things I was throwing around drop to the ground quickly and Ianto and Jack run back over, pushing me towards the couch. Oh God, my head.

"Charlie! Charlie, it's okay, it's okay" Ianto says as he sits me down on the couch. It isn't okay, it really isn't.

"No it isn't Ianto!" I yell. "I killed my husband, the man I love! And now everything is going to SHIT!" I begin to sob and Ianto wraps his arms around me.

"I'm going to clean up" He says. "Let me know if you need anything" Jack soon takes his place next to me and gives me a sad look.

"How did you cope with it?" I ask.

"I didn't" Jack answers. "I became kind of numb, until him" He jerks his thumb towards Ianto and I smile, glad that he found someone after all those years. I wonder if I ever will. A hundred years from now, will I be with someone? Will I be in love? "That wasn't very help, I know. I'll try to help you though, I needed help, but I didn't get any. I know how much you need it"

"Thank you Jack" I smile, then think of something. "Can I have a cat?"

"No" Jack replied almost immediately. "If whatever that was happens again, you'll might accidentally kill it. How about I get you a stuffed bear or something?" I nod, feeling like a kid again.

"Alright I'll go get one" He says, standing up. "Ianto! I'll be right back! I'm getting Charlie a stuffed animal!" And with that, he walks out of the hub. Ianto comes back with three mugs of coffee in his hand.

"I'm guessing he doesn't want coffee then" He says, handing me one and placing Jack's on my work station.

You useless bitch! A voice in my head yells. It's not my voice, it's Ianto's or Jack's or Richard's. I know who's it is though. It's the creature's. This has been happening a lot, the creature talking to me, it's what makes me lose control in the first place.

I shake my head quickly and start talking to Ianto, just to concentrate on something. But it doesn't work, my thoughts drift to that night last week, with the gun and Richard and my crying. His last words to me haunt my dreams. I barely remember anything after the creature that was in Richard came to me, only that Jack and Ianto came and picked me up, I fell unconscious after that apparently.

I've been staying at the hub this past week and nearly everything that isn't fastened to the walls or floors is broken.

I'll kill them, then I'll kill you! I can't ignore the voice as it screams at me. The pain comes back and I know it's going to happen again. But I'm exhausted and I don't know if I can stop it this time.

"Ianto" I say. "Run" Then my eyes turn black for the second time today and Ianto doesn't run. I begin to scream again as Ianto tried to make me calm down. I stand up, but it's not me, I'm not in control.

I fight with everything I have to get my body back and I fall back onto the couch. "Run Ianto!" I scream. I'm not going to be able to hold it back anymore. The creature takes control again and I continue to fight.

My hand wraps around Ianto's neck and as I squeez the life out of him, I realise, I've lost complete control.

I've spent hundreds of years trying to win the war in my head, winning all the battles. It's been a very long time since I lost a battle, until recently. But now, now I've lost the war.

__________

A.N: *Awkward laughter*