Black Eyes {22}

Chapter Twenty Two

Year: 2596

Jack burst into the hub holding a stuffed animal, Christ knows what animal exactly, it was ugly. He stopped in front of me, staring down at Ianto's body, waiting for him to come back. "Charlie" He whispered when he looked into my pure black eyes.

"Not Charlie" The creature says, a malicious grin forming on my face. I fling him back into the nearest wall. Ianto splutters as he wakes and I throw him towards the wall next to Jack.

I have to stop this! I do! I can't hurt them! Not any more!

No matter how hard I fight, I just can't take control. I go to stalk out of the cog door, but Jack locks it with the vortex manipulator. The creature roars and moves me towards Jack, ripping the manipulator off his wrist and putting it on mine.

I walk out, ignoring the cries of Jack and Ianto. My cheeks are wet with tears, it's as though the only thing I can control is my tear ducts. Useful. I lock the hub up and turn off all the power so that Ianto and Jack can't get to me, or rather, can't get to the creature.

You can't get into the control again! Not now! Not ever! The creature screams at me, completely blocking out Jack's and Ianto's voices as they shout at me to take control.

I feel so weak, so weak.

I looked around me before lifting my hands so that they were level with my head. The ground around me began to crack, forming a rough circle.

Leave me alone! I yelled at the monster, forcing myself to gain control, still failing. I lifted my arms higher and ground below me moved up, up, up. I stopped once I was over the city. The creature roars once more before ripping the ground up on Roald Dahl Plass. People began to scream and run and cower as the lights and fountain fell to the ground.

Charlie!

Charlie! What is happening up there!? Ianto and Jack. I try to talk to them, tell what is happening, but I can't, I just can't.

The creature moves me further into the city, destroying anything in my path, or just anything in general. The scream echo in my brain, making me feel unbelievably guilty. I watch as people drop dead in front of me, unable to do anything.

I let out a scream of pain and grief and I realise that I got control back, if only for a second. I begin to push forward once more in a desperate attempt to stop the creature from destroying everything. My control slips away and the creature comes back, angrier than before, but just that little bit weaker.

 Aliens had come to Earth not too long ago, thinking that this place was full of peace, and I am destroying that peace.

I try and try and try to gain control once more as the creature completely destroys Cardiff. I feel like I am pushing through a large crowd, trying and failing to get to the other end.

Explosions ring out across the city, sychronising with the screams and creating a horrific harmony. I continue to hear Jack's and Ianto's screams in my head. I try to talk to them, let them know that I am trying to stop this, that is isn't me.

Jack! Ianto! Listen to me- The creature sends images to my brain, cutting me off. I see the future, the past, the present. I see people's lives, I see through a man's eyes as a building crushes him. I see a woman's children die right before her eyes.

I see what happens after this. If I could, I would scream, cry, thrash around, but I can't. I know what happens.

I never gain control, the creature continues to destroy city after city, world after world. It keeps Jack and Ianto as it's own personal punching bags, finding amusement in their pain.

I can't let that happen. I just can't. I have to stop, I have to gain control, permanent control. I know that there are other realities, other fates, other universes, where this doesn't happen or I stop it, and I know I can make one of those realities happen, if I just try hard enough.

And I know I will