chapter 36

Lucy's POV:

The next few hours went by in a flash, Wendy had finally finished up the mission she had taken on that had lasted upwards to a month and she had taken the exceeds with her. She happily fixed up Erza and Mira.

I had to summon Cancer to fix Erza's hair which for the one big reason had taken more energy out of me then normal, but not enough for me to be down for the count.

After that Mira called up the rest of the girls to get things set up at the cathedral and the guild while, both Erza and Mira dragged me to a wedding store to try on multitudes of dresses.
Ballgown, fit-in-flare, mermaid, abstract, lacy, beaded, silky, satin, cotton, latex, off-white, pinkish, bluish, beige, clear. I was put into every single dress in the god damn store.

Finally I decided on a simple white understated ballgown with a sweetheart neck line, it was in no way my imagined wedding dress but it was the best at the one shop in magnolia, and it would go with the my something old.

As all the girls reconvened at my place to get ready everyone was in a whirlwind of excitement, Mira and Erza we're fitting my dress to me because it would have taken to long and the store and the rest of the girls where doing my hair and makeup as well as their own, and slipping into the brides maid dresses.

Natsu and I nearly had time to pick out a color from the large wedding planning binder Erza seemed to be carrying around with her at all times before we were separated to get this shotgun wedding planned in the span of a day.

When I looked at myself in the mirror I could hardly believe the sight.
Mira and Erza had altered the new dress stitching stars with tinny blue beads in the skirt and a large golden dragon snaking its way up my back. Lizanna had placed a loose silver belt around my waist whispering the phrase, "something borrowed," into my ear. I had fastened little blue flower clips in my hair that flowed down. My back in  a loose but elegant braid.

"Lucy you are still missing something," levy chirped as I spun around in the mirror and I then proceeded to pull an old looking wooden box from beneath my bed. Inside laid a old thin Vail beaded around the edges that matched my dress perfectly.

I could hardly believe I was getting married.