Chapter 6- why?

"Rachel wake up" my mother sang as she walked in the room.

"I'm up" I said as I turned in my bed and cuddled further into the blanket and pillows.

"Seriously reached were in Hawaii and you want to sleep"

"Fine I'll get up... in 20 minutes"

"Whatever your the one missing out on Hawaii" she said as she left the room.

Ughhhhh she was right I can sleep on the plane back home not now. I dragged my aching body out of bed literally it was aching from my bruises. I got dressed and decided to be a little risky and wear shorts even though I had quite a few bruises.

I walked out into the kitchen area and immediately upon my arrival my mom looked me up and down then gasped grabbing everyone's attention.

"What are all those bruises from?" Now everyone's attention was on me then on my legs.

I glanced at Zach for a second as he looked at my legs then looked away in shame. "Soccer. Did I not tell you I play? Yeah well it's a very aggressive and physical game." I said really emphasizing the word game.

I watched Zach and it looked like he choked on air. My mom just nod her head dropping the subject and everyone's eyes slowly peeled away from my legs.

I walked to the table and got a plate and lightly filled it. I took it back to the table and sat down next to Reese only the kids were sitting here the adults were eating at the island.

"Are you actually going to eat?" Zach asked scanning my plate.

"I am?" I replied questionably.

"There's like nothing on your plate. How do you call that eating?" He questioned staring at my plate. I just shrugged my shoulders I didn't eat much so.

"No wonder your so skinny" he mumbled looking at my body. I could feel my face make an angry and confused look this bitch and the rest of the school call me fat.

"Then why would you—" I cut myself off because everyone was around. I decided just to eat my food and leave it alone.

Once we finished we all sat around in the kitchen talking well I mostly listened. "Alright me and my husband have to go do some work now but you guys go have some fun." Mom said getting up. Everyone else followed and went to their rooms but I stayed in the kitchen area.

"I think I'm gonna go shopping and looking through town today you know touristing" I said to my mom.

"Are you sure? I don't want you going out alone" she questioned her face showed a lot of concern. How is she concerned I've lived my entire life alone. I'm the queen of alone.

"It's fine she doesn't have to go alone" Zach's voice boomed behind me as he threw his arm over my shoulder, " I'll go with her there are some things I need to buy."

"Great" mom said with a big smile before turning around and walking into her room.

I turned to Zach and gave him a nasty look, "seriously?!"

"What I need to get stuff and you needed someone to go with" I just rolled my eyes.

"Fine. Hurry up so we can go." I said heading into the bathroom.

I put concealer over most of my bruises. My legs made be different shapes of white now but at least it wasn't blue and purple.

"Ok let's go" I said to Zach as I steeped out of the bathroom. He just nodded and followed behind me.

We walked in silence for a while until he broke it, "Rachel?"

"Yeah" I said staring at the ground. He grabbed hold of my arm gently and we both stopped walking. Oh no this must be serious.