Chapter 26- win her back

Zach pov:

"I found her"

My heart started racing. My breath caught in my throats and I dropped my phone by accident. I reached down to pick it up not paying to attention to the road so I could find out where Rachel was. I heard the sound of a honk and quickly picked up my head and swerved back into my lane.

I was so close to hitting that semi. I took a deep breath and put on my hazards and pulled over on the side of the road. Putting in in park I pulled my seat back and searched for my phone. I found it a couple seconds later still on the call with Jonah.

Taking another deep breath I put the phone to my ear. "Where is she?" I asked, obviously we are both talking about Rachel. He knows I want more than anything to see her again.

"She's here in Minnesota." He said.

My heart picked up again. I could see her again. This wouldn't be the end of us. "Are you sure it's her?" I asked giving up all hope.

"I'm certain. I just talked to her." Jonah said.

My heart was racing again. "Ok in coming!" I said ending the call. I sat in the car with stupid smile on my face thinking of Rachel. I was gonna see her again; I was gonna win back my girl.

Finally sobering up I pulled back onto the road completely dropping any want to get alcohol and heading home. I had to get online and buy a plane ticket for tomorrow.

I sped home and when I walked in the door my mom instantly started yelling at me about being mean to Reese and leaving while grounded. I just nod my head and ran up to my room to buy a ticket.

With a smile on my face I laid back and closed my eyes. "I will see you tomorrow Rachel and once again you'll be mine" I thought as I drifted off into sleep.

Tomorrow morning:

"Where do you think you're going young man?" My mom asked in a harsh tone as she moved around the counter to get closer to me. I withdrew my hand for the door knob of the front door.

"Minnesota." was all I said before reaching for the door. She quickly stormed over and blocked my exit.

"What do you mean? You're not leaving this state let alone this house!" She said throwing her arms up as she spoke.

"I have to. I have to go get Rachel and bring her back. I swear to you after she and I get back I will be the old me, not the me you seen this past weak." I said praying she'd let me out the door.

She took in everything I said and looked like like she was having an internal war or discussion.

"What if she doesn't come back?" She asked.

"Well I'm not going to leave Minnesota unless she is coming back with me. One way or another." I said turning the knob.

"Okay... wait a second." She said walking back into the kitchen and coming back with her wallet.

"Here's some money." She said handing me a few bills. "Spend it wisely and be safe. And please bring her back." She said and I smiled before slipping out of the door.

It's not surprising my mom wants me to bring her back and that's why she let me go. Everyone in my family loves Rachel. It's hard not to love her.