Chapter 34- More than you know

Rachel pov:

I'm just over 3 months pregnant now. My mood is out of control even Zach can tell. The morning sickness has gotten much better. I still haven't worked up the nerve to tell Zach and I don't think I ever would. My baby bump was still hardly noticeable. It wasn't enough for people to do a double take.

I've spent every free moment I have with Zach. And I have much more time now that the play was over. Zach on the other hand has been busy preparing with his band.

"Do you really need all these clothes?" I asked Zach as I helped him fold and place in his suitcase.

"Of course I do," he said laughing.

"Do you really need all this black?" I asked holding up another short sleeved black shirt. It was the 8th one in the past 3 minutes.

He laughed, "I'll stop wearing black when they make a darker color." He said.

I shook my head smiling and continued to fold. It wasn't long before we had finished two suitcases of primarily black shirts and black skinny jeans.

He rolled them over to the front door and left them there. He turned around to me smiling. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and took a deep breath, I was going to miss him so much.

"I can't believe we're graduating today. We're gonna be out in the real world now." He said and I could tell he was smiling.

I took a deep sigh. His version of the real world would be much different than mine. As much as I wanted to tell him and I did I really did I knew I couldn't. I couldn't keep him from his dream, I couldn't be the reason he didn't pursue his dream.

I almost started crying into his chest just thinking about everything. I have started planning on what to do when I have my baby. I got a job as a waitress at a semi-local diner. I will work their for 4 months and save every penny I earn. By then I'll be 7 months into the pregnancy so I will quit and stay home to better prepare.

I will still stay at my parents house and keep the allowance they give me each month. They know and are prepared to help me when the time comes. I was surprised at the fact that they weren't even mad. Other than them no one else knows, not Zach and not his family. And that's the way it's going to stay while he's on tour.

Zach will only be on tour for about three months but by the time he returns I'll be huge and have to tell him. I just pray that he understands why I did it and won't leave.

I blinked back the tears and pulled away from Zach. I took both of his hands and held them tight. His face showed concern as I started to speak, "Zach, I have some very important life changing news...but I can't tell you." His face scrunched up in confusion. He started to speak but I hushed him, "I will tell you when you get back from tour, but please for now just understand that I can't tell you... and when you get back please try to understand why I did it. I did it for you so you could go after your dreams." I said as a tear slipped from my check.

"I don't understand, why can't you tell me?" He asked wiping away the lone tear that slipped down my cheek.

"Because you need to go on tour you can't stay here. That's all I can say." I whispered looking down in shame.

I had no idea his thoughts on being a father. I only hoped he would be there for us.

He put his index finger under my chin and tilted it up so I looked him the eye, "baby if it's that serious I can stay." He said timidly.

"No you can't." I said and he wrapped his arms tighter around me, "you have to do this. Everything will be okay while your gone and when you get back we can talk about it."