Chapter 10- I had to

Rachel pov:

At 9pm we were all packed into a car and heading for the airport. Let's just say worst ride of my life. It was dead silent, cramped and you could feel the tension in the air. So when we arrived at the airport I was happy to jump out of the car.

It took forever to get to our gate. Zach bought a snow globe thing so when they were checking his bag red lights and alarms went off and they had to dig through his suitcase. It took forever. But watching him get frisked by a very big man sure was the highlight of my day. They finally gave it back to him. And let's just say everyone was glaring at him.

It wasn't until almost 11pm that we were finally boarding our plane. Everyone was moving sluggish from being tired and some from being sunburnt.

"Rachel can I talk to you?" Zach whispered walking right behind me on the plane.

I just ignored him not wanting to waste my time and energy and then get very emotional.

"Please?" He whispered again getting closer this time I could feel the heat rising off of him.

"No!" I shot over my shoulder and quickened my pace although I couldn't go much faster following a line of people trying to find their seats

Once I got to the area of my seat I looked around for it probably holding up the line.

"Rachel come sit with us." Reese's adorable voice called. Instantly making me smile I walked over to her aisle and sat between her and Ryan.

"Reese I thought we were gonna sit together on the plane?" Zach whined looking pretty upset standing in the middle of the aisle.

"Sorry but I don't sit with big meanie heads." Reese said before crossing her arms and staring at the seat in front of her.

"Your mad at me too?" Zach whined before moving to the row behind us to sit with his mom.

"Rachel I'm really sorry about what he did." Reese said looking up at me.

"Reese you don't need to apologize for his actions." I said looking down at the sweet little girl who looks like she is about to cry.

"Are you mad at me?" She said on the verge of tears.

"Oh honey" I pulled her into my chest holding tight and stroking her hair while I assured her again and again I'm not mad at her.

It was a late flight so it's not surprising that  almost everyone here was asleep and it is a long flight. Right now Reese is asleep on top of me. And as far as I can tell everyone accept me and ryan are asleep. He is busy playing games on his phone while I just sit and think.

I tap on Ryan's shoulder and he pauses his game before looking at me. "I'm going to go to the restroom" I said while gently moving Reese of my shoulder and leaning her against the side of the plane.

"Ok. I need to go too so I'll go when you get back." He said as he unpaused his game. I slip through the aisle and walked to the restroom. Almost everyone on the plane was asleep.

I quickly did my business and went back to my seat. "Your turn" I said to Ryan as I sat down. He got up and went to the bathroom.

I closed my eyes hoping to finally fall asleep. There was shuffling next to me but I kept my eyes closed.

"Rachel" he whispered and instantly I knew it was Zach.

My eyes shot open and I glared at him.

"Go away"

"Rachel please I don't want you and everyone else mad at me." He whispered.

"Why because no one likes you right now and wants to talk to you?" I ask. He nods his head, "well welcome to my world. That's what it feels like for me every single day. Gives you a nice warm, fuzzy feeling doesn't it." I whisper back and then turn away from him.