Chapter 10

- Is it safe to get close? - Normani asked with a light tone as she stepped closer to Lauren, they were the only ones to stay in the room after the rehearsals.

- If you want to make another smarty ass comment I suggest you to leave. - The green eyed girl barely looked at her bandmate, giving her cell phone more attention.

- I want to apologize for being an asshole. - The brunette sounded genuine in her words.

- Ok... - The Cuban descending girl put her phone down and looked at the person standing in front of her.

- I was an idiot yesterday. You don't deserve that kind of treatment and I promise you that I will respect you and avoid saying those rude things. I am really sorry for making you upset. - Normani got closer as she said the words.

- You didn't upset me, Normani. - Lauren let out with some emotion in her voice. - You actually hurt me.

- I am so sorry, Lauren. You know that I care about you, right?!

- Yeah... It's fine. - There was still some pain in her voice, but she sounded forgiving.

- Can I say something? - The brunette sounded a little insecure.

- Go ahead.

- You're letting it show when you get so altered during interviews and stuff... - She commented.

- I'm trying to get better.

- I know you are. But hiding it under the mat won't make it disappear, you know?

- I know... - The green eyed girl said in a defeated tone. - I heard the song yesterday. Camila's. - She confessed.

- Oh shit! - The taller girl squirmed in front of Lauren's chair.

- She's asking me questions, isn't she? - Her eyes got watered.

- I think so... - The girl with brown skin started to get emotional too.

- If I say I didn't do it on purpose, would she believe me? - Her voice cracked.

- I don't know, Lauren. You guys left each other with too many questions and too little answers. - Her comment made the girl from Miami think. - But one thing I believe I know: she still cares.

- You think so? - The girl with black hair asked with some confusion and hope in her eyes.

- Yeah. She wouldn't talk about it if she didn't. - Normani was confident about her words and it was easy to believe her when she was so sure of something.

- I think I'm confused, Mani... - She sounded fragile and breakable when she spoke in such an emotional way.

- Take your time to think and figure it out, ok? - The brunette girl let out warmly as she  held her bandmate. - If you need me you can reach out for me. And no more smarty ass comments. I promise. - The girls laughed softly at Normani's words and they felt good for being in a good place again. Kordei had her moments, but she represented some kind of protection to Lauren. She had mature things to say and the green eyed girl really appreciated the attention she received from her friend.

Lauren started to dedicate more time to thinking and trying to understand what was going on inside of her. At the same time, she worked really hard to get things done, since their album would come out in a few days and right after that they would go on tour.

When the time finally came, Lauren tried her best even though that wasn't truly the best she could offer. She had had better moments months before, but her emotional instability was a real thing that she fought very hard to beat. The girls were great supporters and they knew she was doing the best she could at that point.