Chapter 24

- What's this, Lauren? - Camila asked with a giggle at the end of her sentence as she made herself comfortable in the green eyed girl's car and held a shopping bag in her hand, which she shook slowly just to call attention to the object. Jauregui laughed at Cabello's behavior while she stared at the younger girl and started the car's engine.

- It's a Halloween costume. - Lauren said simply, with a smile on her face.

- Why would you have such a thing in your car?  - The brown eyed girl laughed while asking questions to the girl beside her. - I mean, how long have you been planning it?

- Planning what? Going to a Halloween party? - There was real confusion in the older girl's speech while she started driving through the streets of Los Angeles. - I always enjoy Halloween and I've bought this costume few weeks ago.

- I was actually referring to you showing up at the studio, tracking me down or whatever. - Camila explained amongst laughter. - Are you watching my moves, Lauren Jauregui? - She asked in a dorky way as she opened the shopping bag so that she could analyze the costume that they talked about.

- Maybe... - The owner of the raspy voice used it in a mysterious way so that she could sound funny. It worked, since Camila giggled at Lauren's answer.

- Such a pshyco... - The smaller girl let out with giggles between the words, something that made the older one's heart glow. - I'm still trying to understand what costume it is... - Camila confessed in a good mood. - I mean, all I can see is that it's black. - They laughed at the comment. - Wait, is this a tail? - Cabello let out a loud laugh that made Lauren do the same.

- Yeah. - Jauregui answered laughing. - That is a cat. - She held the steering wheel with her left hand and used the right one to point to the costume Camila was holding.

- That's cool, you're prepared for the party. - Cabello commented. - I don't have a Halloween costume. I didn't plan to go anywhere but the studio, so I don't even know how we're gonna do this. - The smaller girl laughed at the situation.

- You can wear it. - Lauren suggested. - There's a mask too, I don't know if you've seen it. Nobody is gonna see your face. - She blinked.

- And then what are you gonna wear? - Camila asked as she had the costume on her lap and looked at the girl who drove the car.

- Well, I'm already dressed like a rockstar, I'll just use some make up to do something like a zombie and have sunglasses on. Nobody will be able to recognize me. - She sounded so sure that Cabello didn't even feel like arguing.

- I'm not changing inside your car, Lauren. - There was some kind of teasing in Camila's tone.

- That could actually be interesting. - Jauregui followed up the playful vibe that the girl beside her exuded. - I can help you if you need. - She suggested in a teasing tone.

- No. - The brown eyed girl laughed while she declined the offer. - Take me to the hotel I'm staying in. - Camila said in a slightly bossy way.

- Sure. - The older girl agreed with no further questions.

Driving to the hotel Camila was in, they enjoyed the music playing on the radio. Being so in love with music, they didn't really miss the chance of having a soundtrack for that moment.

- No kidding! - The latin girl exclaimed out loud in a mix of surprise and excitement when one of the songs they recorded for Fifth Harmony years before that day played on the radio.

- That's cool. - Lauren laughed as she turned up. - We're on the Halloween special.

- I actually like this song. - Camila expressed herself while she started shaking her shoulders and arms according to the rhythm of the song.