Chapter 17

As Camila walked out of that bathroom, Lauren watched her disappear. In that moment she realized life and love were not hopeless things, but things to fight for. The feeling she got from simply spending few minutes with the brown eyed girl were enough to set her soul on fire. Jauregui could feel that something was ignited at that moment, she just wasn't totally sure what that was about.

She took a moment to herself to think about what had just happened. Deep breathing was a necessary thing to do in order to feel a little calmer. Her heart was still beating way too fast and she felt nervous. She wished she could stay with Camila for longer, after months without seeing the girl, Lauren got to realize how deeply she felt Cabello's absence.

The empty bathroom was, somehow, inspiring, but after several minutes, the green eyed girl felt the need to leave the place and go back to her table.

- You guys are crazy. - Lauren heard the familiar voice as soon as she reached her table. She was staring at Camila's table, in an attempt to find her there. However, the girl wasn't in the expect place, but where Jauregui had been before going to the bathroom. Cabello looked up and met Lauren's eyes with a soft smile on her face, causing the older girl to smile as well.

- We are a little... - Dinah agreed among laughter. - But I'm having a lot of fun, I can't remember the last time I felt so much adrenaline in just one day. - Lauren slowly sat in an empty chair beside Dinah, facing Camila, who sat in front of them, across the table.

- The X Factor auditions? - Camila recalled.

- Oh Gosh! - Dinah let out and the two girls laughed. - That was really insane.

- Yeah, it was... - Lauren spoke and took a sip of wine.

- But then it all became a dream... - Cabello expressed herself. - Remember going on tour for the first time? - There was a smile on their faces.

- How could we ever forget? - The Polynesian girl had an expression on her face that showed that she had just started traveling through time in her mind.

- Listening to our song on the radio for the first time...? - She continued listing and a bittersweet feeling took over them.

- That was insane. - Jauregui's raspy voice got Camila's attention while she stared at her tenderly as she had a lot of memories playing in her mind.

- It sucks performing without you. - Dinah confessed and an emotional wave hit them.

- I miss our friendship. - Camila said with honesty in her voice and for a moment they all got speechless and only used the moment to drink a little more from their glasses. - Is Adam still being boring? - The solo singer asked, changing the subject to something she thought to be lighter.

- He's a fucking pig. - Lauren said strongly. - Things are not working like before. - She revealed. - Sometimes it feels like it's just falling apart.

- Go solo. - The smaller girl said simply. - It takes more work but it comes with a worthy freedom. - Camila advised and the girls didn't realize at that moment the effect those words had actually had on them. They weren't sure of what to say and the Latin girl noticed their hesitation so she spoke again. - I loved seeing you guys, but now I have to go. - She looked at the time on her phone and the lockscreen wallpaper called Lauren's attention. It was the sun and the moon. Camila was too focused on the device to realize that Lauren had seen the image.

- Let's sneak out again some day... - Dinah proposed with a genuine smile on her face.

- Definitely. - Camila agreed and smiled as well.

- Definitely. - Lauren repeated as she looked at the Cuban girl in front of her.

- Tell the girls I miss them too. - Cabello expressed herself and got up.