Chapter 11

Lauren was committed to the band and she was responsible enough to honor her compromises, but finding out that she worked with people who didn't have the same level of integrity that she had made her start questioning many things. On the next day after accidentally listening to Adam's conversation, she couldn't think about anything else, she wondered what to do with that information. She finally understood many of the things Camila had done in the past and she wondered if that was the best thing to do. What would she do? Repeat Camila's actions in order to protect the other girls or take a different action?

Camila tried to protect the girls' future by not letting them know what was truly going on, but that meant hiding something. The dilemma faced by the green eyed girl was making her go mad. She preferred to spend the time alone and think, while they travelled in their tour bus. The girls didn't question her decision and gave her the space she obviously wanted. During her time alone, the Cuban descending girl had her headphones on almost the whole time and she added Camila's songs to her personal playlist. She felt like she was closer to her when she listened to her voice and, somehow, it was a comfort to her during that time.

After travelling the entire day, the girls finally reached their destination early in the night. They got comfortable in a hotel, had dinner in a nice restaurant and enjoyed a good night sleep in a real bed in their rooms. They would perform in the next night, so they needed to rest properly. In the next morning, they were up early and were headed to the place they would perform that night.

Lauren watched the girls as they got ready to start the rehearsal. Dinah, Normani and Ally were so excited. They played jokes with each other, laughed and made some funny dance moves. Jauregui stood further from the girls and only watched their healthy interaction. Should she share an information that would hurt them? She was feeling the pain caused by knowing about the shitty things happening behind their backs and as she watched the girls' happíness caused by their innocence, she completely understood Camila. How could she just hurt them?

- Come on, Lauren. - Ally addressed the quiet girl as she came closer. - Let's get ready to make our fans happy tonight. Let's give them a good time! - She laughed.

- Sure. - She answered and started walking towards the other girls quietly. Dinah noticed her quiet behavior.

- What's on your mind? - The Polynesian girl asked.

- Make our fans happy... - The girl with dark hair replied and tried to smile. Her smile was soft, but there was some truth on it.

- That's how we do it! - Ally yelled in excitement.

Lauren tried to focus on the performance they would put on later on that night and used it to brush some thoughts away from her mind. It would be much easier if she didn't know some things, but there was no coming back at that point.

After their rehearsal, Jauregui felt a little better. The adrenaline caused by dancing for several minutes, provided her body with some relaxing feeling. The green eyed girl's heart was beating faster as she felt physically tired, but the smile on her face was quick to fade away when two men approached the singers.

- Great rehearsal, girls! - Adam let out as he walked into them and clapped his hands like someone who provides applauses.

- Thanks! - Ally was the first to say and the loudest. Dinah and Normani thanked in a lower tone and Lauren didn't say a word.

- I just wanted to let you guys know who this cool guy here is. - Adam addressed the fat white man with him.

- Hey, girls! - He greeted with his right hand up in the air. The girls answered the same way, but Lauren kept quiet.