Chapter 21

- We really don't have to pretend when the cameras are off. - Lauren let out angrily as soon as she found herself alone with the rapper she was supposely in love with. The party was going on, but she asked him to take her to a more private place so that they could exchange a word.

- Oh, come on, Lauren... - He said calmly. - Why so much anger? - He asked in a good mood. The words left his mouth slowly. - Relax a little. Have a drink. Smoke something. - He kept a smile on his face while saying those words.

- Look. - The green eyed girl didn't try to hide her irritation. - We've taken some pictures as soon as we arrived. I smiled and everything. I did my job. - The male singer kept a soft smile while Lauren spoke and he kept on looking into different directions. - I'm here for work, I'll do what I gotta do, but that only involves what everyone else is supposed to see and believe in.

- Nothing has to change, Lauren. Really. - He let out calmly. - We were hanging out, it was cool and all. - He added, still letting the words out slowly. - We have a song together... It ain't gotta change. - He kept the smile on.

- You're part of this whole shit, so don't expect me to stay the same. - She expressed herself.

- Let's just friendly help each other, Laur... - He kept calm while he lighted up a cigarette.

- It's Lauren for you, Tyrone! - The green eyed girl said furiously and the rapper laughed while he started smoking the cigarette he had just lighten up.

- Don't call me like that... - He let out among laughter. - My mother calls me like that. - His laughing got the Fifth Harmony member even more irritated.

- You're a fucking asshole! - She said with anger in her voice.

- Look! - His tone got a little more serious. - Lauren. - He used the name she had told him to in an attempt to show her he had paid attention to her words. - This is gonna be unberable if we don't get along. It is part of my contract to have some kind of romantic relationship with another famous person. Another famous girl. - He pointed out. - Another famous singer.  We were already close, we got along... I saw the opportunity, some people told me it was a good thing to do... - He kept his calm tone. - I like to spend time with you, you know? - He tried to sound a little sweet and Lauren listened to what he had to say. - I want to be bigger in this industry...

- So you're using me? - The green eyed girl couldn't help herself from being taken by her emotions. She felt a mixture of pain, anger, hatred, sadness and frustration.

- We are using each other here. - He added. - Don't you see it? - He motioned his hand and tried to sound true.

- This is fucked up! - Lauren let out while she ran her right hand through her hair.

- Ok, listen... - He continued. - I'm part of this, but this is not only on me, you know? - He let out and brought the cigarette to his mouth.  - You're part of this too.

- Don't take me as the same as you. - The green eyed girl let out, making it clear she felt offended by his comment.

- No... - He said with calm. - Don't take it personal. We're professionals here, ok? - He motioned his hand pointing to him and to the girl in front of him. - I respect you as a professional and as a person. - He continued. - You are a smart one, Lauren. Take the good part of it all. - He tried to advise.

- Which is... - She let out ironically.

- You can calm down some rumors about yourself... - He stated and Lauren laughed in a very ironic way. - You can get some promotion with me, just like I get with you. - He pointed to both of them one more time and Lauren looked at him more seriously. - And I respect you. I won't put a finger on you, I won't drag you to shit or anything, I'll do my part just like you'll do yours and it will all be fine. You've got your things going on... - He used his right hand to point at her. - I've got my things going on too. - He brought his hand close to his own body, pointing at himself. - And we don't have to talk about it, unless you want, of course. But we can be friends and make it easier on ourselves.