Chapter 16

Camila couldn't really believe what had just happened. For a moment she thought she was reaching high levels of insanity, which would require her to look for a strong professional help. The Cuban girl couldn't stop herself from wondering if her ex band mate had really just been to her dressing room. She was sure she had touched the green eyed girl and heard that beautiful voice of hers from so close, but considering how stressed she felt and how long it had been since she had gotten some good sleep, the younger girl had one sentence in her mind "am I going crazy?"

Her anxiety wasn't taking easy on her at that moment and she felt her hands shaking because of her nerves. Taking a deep breath, still having her back touching the door, she felt Lauren's perfume in the air and she convinced herself she couldn't be that mad.

Remembering Lauren's apologizing words, the brown eyed girl took her phone and did something she had been stopping herself from doing. She remembered the VMAs performance, which had hurt her before, but then there were Lauren's words giving her an explanation.

After watching the video that showed the interview Jauregui had referred to, Camila felt a strange relief inside of her chest and her mind started playing on replay the moments she had just shared with the beautiful girl from Miami.

There was an unquiet feeling inside of Camila's heart when she left her dressing room to continue taking the pictures she was supposed to, but that was actually a warm feeling. Seeing Lauren do such a crazy thing just to talk to her made her feel, somehow, important.

The smile on her face looked and felt much more genuine and there was a feeling of antecipation inside of her when she thought about the next hours of that day. She hoped Lauren was still good at reading between the lines.

On the way back to the hotel, Sinu sat beside her older daughter in the car, and noticing her mood change she couldn't keep silent.

- Your mood is better, right? - Camila's mother asked with a smile on her face as she watched the similar expression on the girl's face.

- I think so... - She tried to sound nonchalant, but there was a different glow in her eyes.

- That's great. - Sinu let out with a bigger smile on.

- You had something to do with this, didn't you? - The girl had a light expression on her face that revealed some reading on the situation, as she stared at her mom.

- I have no idea what you're talking about, Camila... - Sinu's face expressed exactly the opposite meaning to the words she said.

- Oh my God, mom... - Camila said in surprise and disbelief, for a moment she thought it hadn't been her mother, but her reaction confirmed her participation on a certain surprising event.

- I'm glad your mood is better. - The older Cabello added and they didn't hold back a loud laugh.

Camila put on an extra effort to look even more gorgeous that night. She couldn't deny the growing expectation within.

- You're already beautiful, Camila. - Sinu commented as she waited for her daughter, so that they could leave.

- I should try my best, right? - It was easy to detect in Camila's tone that there was more than the simple meaning of the words in her sentence.

- We never know, right... - The brown eyed girl gave her mom a look. - I mean, you're famous, people see you and recognize you... - Sinu's tone carried even more hidden messages than her daughter's.

- You're so sneaky, aren't you? - The younger one let out smiling and the woman that gave birth to her felt good for seeing her in such a light mood.