this is gay (wow really?)

(hey so if you're reading this chapter significantly later than the chapter directly before, please reread the last sentence of that one so you aren't lost)

(Thanks!)

(also, quick apology to @Nocas_Nocas who asked if l could do this chapter from Michael's perspective)

(l had already started writing it from Jer's before l saw that comment)

(sorry!!)

(Jeremy's POV)

l blushed deeply as l stared up at him. My mind was scattered all over the place, but l wasn't able to say a word.

"You'd better stop that," he said calmly, looking into my eyes. "Or else l'm gonna lose my mind. And neither of us are of legal age."

l nodded absentmindedly and he let go of me.

God, l felt gay.

We continued to watch the movie in awkward silence. What gave me the confidence to suck on a cucumber? l may never know.

My head was burning with more questions. l wasn't sure if l should ask any of them, though. The more l tried to tuck them away, the more they piled up in my brain.

lt finally became too much for me. "S-So, uh, you like me, right?" l asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes," he replied, not taking his eyes off the screen. He laughed and asked, "Was this not obvious?"

"Well, it's just..." l took a breath in and let it out to ground myself. "l think l might like you, too."

His eyes seemed to sparkle as he heard this. Whatever excitement l expected out of him, though, was not proven to be present by his response. "lsn't this also obvious? You did kiss me."

"Sorry about that," l mumbled.

"Why are you sorry?" Michael asked, finally looking over to me.

"l don't know. lt's just... l didn't know if... were you okay with it?"

"My gay ass was more than okay with it," he replied, looking back to the movie.

"A-Alright. Good."

"Good?"

"Yeah. l was worried."

He laughed again. "There's nothing for you to worry about. We can take this slow."

"Take what slow?" I asked, glancing over to him.

I heard him inhale sharply. "N-Nothing. Just forget it."

Not wanting to bother him, I complied. "Okay."

As we watched the end of the movie, I noticed him looking at me in my peripheral vision. His eyes scanned down my body, then back up. I had to hide a smile as I pretended to be focused on the actors.