the show (Part 3)

(Michael's POV)

He hated it.

Shit, I knew this would be a bad idea!

Why would he want to relive any of this?!

Now he's trying not to burst into tears because of me.

Great.

We're not even at the worst part!

It's too late to stop now.

(Jeremy's POV)

The second act started with the Halloween party. So many things happened there. I'd say I actually was excited to learn more. Everyone experienced it in a different way.

Chloe trying to seduce me was about the same as it actually was. No differences there. Just Chloe being... Chloe.

I expected the next thing to be the fire. Rich never came onto the stage, though. Instead, stage-Jeremy ran to the bathroom.

Oh no.

I watched the scene, shaking my head in disbelief. It was official, that was the most difficult scene to watch. Seeing the word "loser" drop from his lips before he stormed out. I held back tears as I almost relived the conversation. The 2nd biggest mistake I had ever made after the SQUIP itself.

Jenna had a small exchange with Michael soon after. I suppose it was supposed to be funny, but I couldn't muster a laugh.

What surprised me most was that the scene seemed to follow Michael from that point instead of stage-Jeremy. There must have been some significance at the time to earn that. Which is what I was about to learn.

"I could stay right here or disappear and nobody'd even notice at all."

My expression shifted to worry when I heard that. Tons of people would've noticed. I wouldn't be able to live with him...

"'Cause my buddy kinda left me alone."

Oh. Did it hurt him that badly? That he felt like nobody cared about him?

"Everything felt fine when I was half of a pair..."

Everything's fine now. It's over. So why could I feel a tear fall down my face?

"Memories get erased and I'll get replaced with a newer, cooler version of me."

No, no, no... I couldn't just pick up another Michael from the store. There's only one. And I would never be able to leave him.

But I did...

"Now there's no one to make fun of drunk girls with anymore."

This was the point where I noticed how bad his singing was.

I've heard him sing before, usually in the shower or softly to himself. But it always sounds nice. Pretty good, even. But I've never heard him actually perform a song before this.

I looked at him through my tears and realized that the reason behind his poor singing was that he was choking back sobs.

Sobs because of what I did.

I started to sob with him, as quietly as I could so as not to disturb the audience.

But I saw him look at me for a split second.

"Or wish I offed myself instead! Wish I was never born!"

From what I can remember, he didn't sing this line. He yelled it. And it pierced through me. The same thing happened on