the show

(Jeremy's POV)

With the help of a nearby elderly couple, I found my seat. Even though I didn't want to admit it, Michael was right. My view was great.

However, Michael was nowhere to be seen. The seats on my right and left were empty.

I waited patiently for somebody to sit next to me, but nobody did. Whatever. I silenced my phone as an instrumental song started playing.

I decided to check the few papers passed out as people filed in. Mostly coupons and advertisements. I flipped through and my eyes landed on the cast.

Everybody would be portraying themselves, except for the lead role and one man who had three. What kind of play is this?!

My confusion was cut short as the lights dimmed to black. I tucked the papers away and looked up at the stage.

I saw a man sitting in front of a computer, anxiously clicking away. The music honestly sounded like that of a Nokia.

"I'm waitin' for my porno to load."

Alright, it barely started and I was already cracking up. Could you blame me? Maybe Michael was right again.

Suddenly, my drama teacher appeared on the stage. I didn't realize that teachers can have more than one job. Huh. He appeared to be playing the kid's dad.

"I don't wanna be special, no, no. I just wanna survive."

He seemed relatable.

I gasped a bit too loudly when I saw the rest of the cast. I knew they heard my gasp because I noticed Rich smirk.

"Christiiine."

I watched Christine walk onto the stage with confidence. As if it wasn't already where she belonged. Playing herself must have been more than a breeze for her.

"Jeremy, my buddy, how's it hanging?"

I was taken aback by this. That guy was supposed to be me?

I struggled to focus on this Will guy when Michael was singing. Jeez, he was good.

The song ended and I clapped like mad. If this is what they've been doing that entire time, they're already forgiven. Wow.

Christine started singing and I was in awe. The song was perfect for her, vocally and lyrically. I couldn't help but smile.

So, clearly, the musical was revolving around me. But what was the plot supposed to be? They wouldn't create an original story with me as the star, would they?