CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Dan's POV:

    I walked up the soft carpeted steps of my house. Phil we behind me, a tray with pink/purple smoothies in hand. I reached the landing and turned right, going into my room.

    I put my arms out. "Welcome to... casa de Dan? I don't know... I'm bad at Spanish..." I said, laughing and appreciating how much I'd been laughing that day.

    Phil rolled his eyes at my lack of Spanish knowledge. "I'm only in Spanish one!" I defended myself, laughing. "I started it at my old school and the Spanish one class here kinda just picked up where I left off which is convenient."

    Phil opened his mouth as if he was about to say something but then closed it. I pretended not to notice and turned away, looking around.

    "So, music? What do you want to listen to?" I asked, shrugging and taking my phone out of my back pocket.

    "Hm... I dunno. What do you usually listen to?" He asked, also shrugging and taking in the surroundings of my room.

    "Uh, well I told you before. I listen to TØP, P!ATD, MCR once in a while, and Melanie Martinez. Oh! And I also love listening to older music. Not, like, really old... just bands like Fun and Owl City. I also like Imagine Dragons." I said, listing them off in my fingers. "Oh... and I may or may not binge listen One Direction and Adele sometimes..." I admit, chuckling a bit once again.

    "Damn... you like loads of genres, don't you?" He said, gesturing towards my hands.

    "Yeah. I'm picky, but I'm not... that doesn't make sense, does it?" I started, chuckling more. "I like pop, rock, country, 80's, 90's, rap, I don't like 70's much, though. Honestly,I love all genres. I love the beat and background noise of almost all songs... I grew up on country, though. I like that a bit more. It's more so about family and love, not just the romantic kind. It's just, most modern day songs are about love, sex, and money. That's something I'm not a big fan of, the love, I mean." I spoke, sitting on the bed as I finished.

    "Yeah, that's er— understandable..." He replied, seeming not knowing what else to say and sitting on the need as well

    "It's okay, Phil you don't have to always feel obligated to comfort me or anything." I said, painting a reassuring smile on my face. Although the canvas it was put on wasn't flat anymore, there was a bit of a grin already there.

    We got covered in a comfortable blanket of silence for a few moments. "So, music. What do you want to listen to, Lester? Ya gotta make up yer' mind, mate." The words left my mouth in a slightly teasing tone.

    He laughed. "Hmm... lets just stick with TØP. Maybe we can just switch it up later. Which phone should we use? My speaker is fairly loud..."

    "Oh, it's fine. I've got a Bluetooth speaker." I stated as I got off the bed, walking to my bookshelf I had in front of the window, next to my nightstand.  I pulled out my black, horizontally oval, speaker and sat back on the bed next to Phil.

    He started to open up his phone, I reached forward and turned it back off while it was in his hand. I felt all tingly when my hand accidentally touched his and looked quickly back at the speaker.

    He threw me a questioning look. "Oh, my speaker is really weird when connecting to devices it hasn't connected with before. Took me ages to set this up." I said, turning on the speaker and keeping my eyes on it, waiting for the red to fade from my cheeks.

    I turned on my phone and went into Spotify, scrolling through the bottom of my Playlists section since Twentyøne Piløts was the very first playlist I made.