CHAPTER TWENTYØNE

^HoNeStLy, pHiL^
Phil's POV

I pulled away from Dan and felt my face flush. We'd both just kissed... finally. "I've... been wanting to do that for a while..." was all I could think to say.

"Yeah, me too." I felt my face burn even more, into a deeper red, at his words.

After that, I finished cleaning him up and suggested watching a movie on his telly. I quickly went to the store a little ways away and bought loads of snack food. When I returned, arms full of bags of jelly beans, he laughed at me.

"What! I love my jelly beans!" I tried my best to defend my case, but failed. "They're good!" I said, sitting next to him on his bed and becoming propped up by pillows.

"You're my bean." he said this, beaming at me. He picked up a jelly bean and put it into my mouth. I felt a smile spread onto my face again. I leaned in and kissed him again.

"Now, did you get any gummy bears? Those are my favourite." His face fell as I pretended to look disappointed. "You didn't get gUmMy BeArS?" I laughed at him. I reached into the grocery bag and pulled out two bags of them. "Oh, YES."

"You had mentioned they were your favourite when we went to the movies for the first time." I said, opening the first bag and handing it to him.

"You remembered?"

    "Of course I did!" I intertwined his hand into mine, his face flushing immediately with red. After a moment I spoke again  "You're my bear." As I said this, it was his turn to kiss me. He leaned in and out his lips on mine, and I knew both of our faces were burning with red.

    "Thanks, bean."

    We watched the movie on his telly, sitting on his bed and holding hands. My arm was around him and he was cuddled up next to me. I couldn't help thinking I never want to move.

Once he fell asleep an hour or or two later, I got up and pulled the covers over him. I reached into my backpack and took out a notebook, ripping out a piece of paper. I got a pen as well, and left him a note.

Dan,
I'm sorry again about what Pj and Alfie did — you don't
deserve that. I'm glad I was there though, to help you and
bandage you. I enjoyed the moments we shared, but I really
must get going before my mums worry to much. As you can
tell by now, you've fallen asleep. Text me if you need
                        anything — anything at all. See you later, I guess?

xx,
your bean

    I creased the note in half and wrote Dan on the front. Placing it on his nightstand, I looked at him. He looked so peaceful when he slept. He didn't look so scared or numb. He just looked... him, content, the way he would without the bullying or the mental illnesses.

    I gathered my things and left his house as quietly as possible. I made sure not to lock the door on my way out, remembering his dad didn't like it. I walked over to my house and went inside. "Mum? Mother? I'm home now!"

    At these words my mum rushed into the room and attacked me in a tight hug. "Mum? What is it? What's happened?" I saw my mother come in as well. She stood a few feet back, leaning on the steps railing.