Chapter 4

If you haven't seen the season finale of The Vampire Diaries then warning there is spoilers in this.

Chapter 4 - Like A Chipmunk

The guest room was rather small with a double bed and a small couch. Enough for three people. Where was the fourth staying? Living room, maybe. I looked to my dad for an answer.

"Well we discussed this while you were still in the car. Luke, Michael, and Calum are staying in the guest room. Ashton shall be sleeping on the air bed in your room."

A feeling of utter shock went through me. Oh great! Why did it have to be him? I happen to have about a million posters plastered to my wall. Several were of him. God! He's going to think I'm a nutcase. I jumped out of the car, pretending that everything is alright and made a break for it. Sprinting like a crazy woman, I made it to my room before any of them had even got out their stuff.

I tore every poster I could see of him down. I say tore, but I mean carefully place them under my bed. Praying that he doesn't find them, I make my way back down to the living room. Sprawled on the couch, I flick through the channels until I find ITV2. Five minutes to the season finale.

I silently screamed with joy. My favourite character was apparently coming back to life. A high pitched squeal came from the doorway. Ashton lay awkwardly on the ground, a suitcase lying on top of him. I laugh as I make my way over to him. I helped him up as he started to laugh as well.

"Thanks!"

I walked away, jumped over the back of the couch and got back in my sprawled out position. Adverts really bug me. I hear everyone else come in, and my dad takes their stuff to the rooms. They make their way into the kitchen. Finally some peace! I hear the familiar sound of the programme starting and I turn my eyes to the screen. The air filled with the sweet scent of popcorn wafting in from the kitchen. It's so tempting. The padding of feet drew nearer. I turned to find out that it was Ashton. Do I ever get a break here?

"Hey! You didn't tell me that it had started."

"I didn't think you would mind. Now shut up I spy Alaric."

He sat down in front of my legs, so I shifted slightly so he could lean back. He placed a large bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

"Who is this Alaric? Do you like him?"

"Haha! I don't like him like that. Just his character. He's this badass vampire hunter/history teacher who died."

"Right I'm confused! He died!?"

"Yeah he's now currently a ghost. "

"Okay."

He turned to face the TV, so I made a grab for the popcorn and started stuffing my face. I took a peek over at Ashton, concentrating on the TV screen. A squeaky gasp came from him so I turned my attention back to the screen. What? NO! That can't have happened. I felt a lump form in my throat. Damon's DEAD! A shout came from beside me.

"Why would you kill that dude, he's awesome!"

Tears came running down my face. My cheeks looking like a chipmunk, stuffed with popcorn. Well, until it all went flying into Ashton's face.