Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Imagining Things

Ashton pov

The colour drained from Kate's face. Shit.... she's going to break up with me.  Of course she doesn't feel the same way,  I just cheated on her.

I've ruined everything.  It's all my fault.  Tears begin to roll down my cheeks so I look at my feet so she can't see.

"I love you too" she barely whispers.

My head shoots up in shock. Did she really just say that? Am I just imagining things?

"Wait. What?!"

"I... I love you too!"

She really did say it! I can't describe the feeling I have right now. I rush over to her and pull her into a hug.

"Um... yeah. I sort of need to breathe."

"Sorry" I say releasing her from my tight hold.

I lean in and kiss her, feeling sparks from where we touch.

"We are going to spend the whole day together tomorrow so I can make it up to you" I say before kissing her again.

*************

I wake up with Kate snuggled up against me.  I shake her awake and tell her to get ready for the day. It's going to be so much fun.

While she's in the shower, I quickly pack a bag with towels and swim suits. I then get dressed into the usual band tee and skinny jeans.

She finally emerges fully dressed and ready to go. I grab the bag and her hand, and lead her out the door to the car waiting for us.

We drive for about 5 minutes until we reach a small cafe. We order breakfast and talk about whatever random thing comes to mind.

After our food, we walk hand in hand to our destination. The water park. I hope she isn't one of those girls who hate getting their hair wet because I'm planning to go on everything.

"Wow! I always wanted to go here. We have to go on everything" she says.

I guess that answers my question.

"Me too!"

I go and buy our tickets after she argues about me paying for them. We separate to get changed and then meet by one of the pools.

For the rest of the day we ran around like 3 year olds on Christmas morning. Once the water park closed, we went to KFC (Kate's decision) for dinner.

"So have you had fun today?" I ask.

"Yeah! It was awesome.  Thank you for taking me "

"Well I had to apologise properly."

"Well,  I forgive you."

She leans over the table and kisses me.

"I love you" I whisper to her.

"I know." She says and starts giggling.

"Did you just make a reference to something? Come on, tell me what it's from?"

"The Catching Fire book. Sorry you gave me an opportunity and I had to take it."

"See this is why I love you."

"I love you too."

"We should get going.  It's getting late" I say as I lean over to peck her on the lips again.

A flashing comes from outside, breaking us apart. What the f...?

Shit it's the paparazzi! I grab Kate and make a bolt for the exit.

We push through the crowd of paps and fans, and run down the street.  I find us a taxi and we go back to the hotel.

Kate pov

Ashton and I get back to the hotel out of breathe. The notifications on my phone begin to fire up. Twitter!

I scroll through them,  quickly.

OMG are you dating Ashton?

Why would Ashton want someone like you?

How dare you steal my man! Go and kill yourself.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Ashton asks, his face full of concern.

"It... it's nothing." I say, but he grabs my phone out of my hand.

He scrolls through my mentions for a couple of minutes. His concern turning into full red hot rage.

He almost drops my phone as it starts to ring. I take it out of his hand and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Kate, this is your father speaking. You are coming home immediately!"