Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Girly Squealing

Kate POV

The guys and I spent the whole Friday just hanging out. We got a load of junk food and just sat chatting, playing video games and generally being lazy.

Well until we decided to play Just Dance. I'm terrible at that game. At the moment Ashton and Luke were playing against eachother. It was hilarious.

I sat and observed a few rounds until Ashton dragged me up. The song he picked was Troublemaker by Olly Murs. Probably because I have all his albums and a few posters.

We start the game, Ashton getting right into the dance. I just stand moving only my arms.

"Come on Kate, move some more." Michael yelled.

I move my feet a bit and get more into the dance. I'm almost beating Ashton no...

Whack! Shit I just hit myself on the head. The song ends showing that Ashton won.

"Yes! I win. I win." he cries.

"Well I'm never playing that game again." I exclaim, rubbing my head.

I feel a bruise beginning to form.

"Did you hurt yourself?" he asks.

"Yeah. I hit myself on the head with the remote. I've done it before."

He runs through to the kitchen and gets an ice pack. He gently presses it onto my head.

"Thanks but it's fine, really."

"Just let me hold it for a few minutes so it doesn't swell."

I sit still until he's done. He removes the ice pack and places a small kiss on my head.

"There you go all better."

******

We got bored hanging around in the house so we went around town. We went in a few shops so I bought some new movies to watch later.

I got Divergent, Now You See Me (because Dave Franco and Woody Harrelson) and Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monster's (as I seemed to have misplaced it).

We all get hungry after a while so we find somewhere to have lunch. We end up going into a small cafe.

I order chips and beans, and an Irn Bru. The guys all chat while we're waiting but I'm not really paying attention. I sit humming along to the radio playing and eventually it turns into quiet singing.

Oh it tears me up

I try to hold on but it hurts too much

I try to forgive but it's not enough to make it all okay

You can't play on broken strings

You can't feel anything that your heart don't want to feel

I can't tell you something that ain't real

"I think you're getting better." Ashton says.

"I think it's just certain songs I sound okay singing."

"Like what? What's one song you have been told that you're really good?" Luke asks.

"Hmm. Well Naomi told me that I'm pretty good at singing Let It Go but she was probably just making fun of me."

"I'm sure she wasn't you are singing this for us later." Calum says.

"Oh hell no! I don't want to embarass myse..."

I was interupted by girly squealing from outside. I turn around to see a group of about 12 year old girls pointing in our direction.

Oh great the fans have found them!

A bit of Broken Strings for you there. It's been on repeat in my head all day haha.

Again thanks for reading, voting and commenting!