Chapter 28

Chapter 28 - Breakdown

Kate POV

My phones falls from my hand, smashing on the floor. Ashton jumps from the noise.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I...I...I"

I physically can't form any words. I am in so much shock. How the hell did my dad find out so quickly?

"Seriously. I am really scared right now! What happened?"

"He found out." I barely whisper.

"Who found out?! Found out what!?"

"My dad he knows... knows about us" I stammer, still trying to process what had happened.

"What? How?" The same shock that I feel, clearly evident on his face.

"I....I don't know. He wants me home."

"Wha... no! You can't go home. Not now, I... I'm not ready. I'm in love with you."

************

"Promise to speak every day?" Ashton asks sadly.

I nod, unable to form any words. The train would be arriving any minute now. I had already said goodbye to the others but that wasn't as hard as right now.

"I'll come up and visit on every day off I have. I don't care what your dad says. I need to see you!"

The squeal of the train echoes throughout the station. I was really leaving. The emotions I had been pushing away finally broke free and the tears ran down my face.

"Hey don't cry.  I'll be up next week, okay?"

"Yeah, it's just I will really miss you."

"Me too. I love you, Kate!"

"I love you too. Bye."

I turn around and heave my suitcase onto the train. I find a seat and turn to face the window. Ashton has broken down into sobs so Michael is comforting him.

He looks up as the train begins to move away and gives a small wave of goodbye before finally collapsing with tears into Michael's arms.

This only causes me to breakdown, gaining many stares from the other passengers. I try to pull myself together. Come on, this is just stupid. I'm going to see him in a week.

*****************

One week later

Ashton was coming today! I was impatiently sitting, half watching The Big Bang Theory.

When I got home last week, I endured a lot of shouting from my dad. Once he had calmed down though, he explained that he would have let me stay if I had just told him about it in the first place.

Thing is, I have a feeling he would killed Ashton if he had known it was happening right under his nose.

I hear the doorbell go off so I run to the door. My dad has beaten me though.

Ashton stands outside, nervously fiddling with his hands. He seems unsure of what to say.

"Nice to see you again Ashton!" My dad says.

"You too, sir"

"Please call me Dan. I thought you would have known that by now."

We walk through to the living room where my mum is sitting. She runs over to greet Ashton and we all sit down. Well, this isn't going to be awkward at all.

A.N. Hey guys! Sorry for the lateness of this update! Wanted to wait until now as I'm off all week. I have a feeling that I will update probably everyday, hopefully. Hope your enjoying it. Unfortunately it will soon be ending but I may be starting another one. I'm thinking Michael, what do you think?

Anyway hope you've enjoyed it so far!

(Did you guys see Michael in Good Girls though?)